By: Tori Weaver
Why do I want to be a Neurologist?
I find the nervous system to be very interesting and something that I wouldn't get bored with if I made a career out of it. I like learning about different diseases that are linked to the nervous system, what they do to your body and how they are treated. I would love to be able to treat diseases and learn more about the nervous system and how it works.
What is the average cost for college tuition?
- UNC Chapel Hill (#8)
- Duke School of Medicine (#24)
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine (#50)
Average Salary & Employment Outlook
$184,076 - $247,293 per year
The employment of physicians and surgeons is expected to grow by 18% between 2012 and 2022.
- Examine patients
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Participate in clinical studies and other research
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the nervous system
- A neurologist could diagnose a patients sleep disorder using brain waves.
- Can use reflex exams to see if a persons nervous system has been damaged.
- Can use a child's brain wave data to determine if their seizures are from epilepsy or another disorder.
What surprised me?
The amount of college and training that it requires.