Mosaica Online Happenings
January 21-25 2013
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Monday, January 21st: Student/Staff Holiday
- Thursday, January 31st: Parent Ed Meeting @ 8:30pm Eastern in Julie's office
- Friday, February 1st: Advisement Meeting in Julie's office @ 2pm Eastern
- Monday, February 4th: Last day for new HS students to begin if the student has not already been enrolled in a previous school for the semester
- Thursday, February 7th: Parent Ed Meeting @ 8:30pm Eastern in Julie's office
- **Beginning August 28th, all adjunct teachers must submit invoices to Brenda McCullers on the 14th and 28th of the month**
Staff Spotlight - Maria Savoldi
Maria Savoldi has worked in various capacities at Mosaica Online since 2009 and currently serves as Manager of Operational Procedures; but enjoys the alternate title “Man Behind the Green Curtain”. She finds this role very satisfying as it allows her to work with and provide support to staff and families in a variety of areas!
Prior to working at Mosaica Online, Maria spent 4 years working for Georgia Virtual School in various roles including student support specialist, technology support specialist and program coordinator for internal technology. Maria worked 14 years in Georgia schools serving in a range of roles including teacher, media specialist and county director of instructional media and technology. As a firm believer in the value of collaboration and professional development, Maria attends and presents at state and national educational conferences and spent several years working as a trainer for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards™ in the Library Media certificate area.
Maria holds a Masters degree in Instructional Technology from Georgia Southern University, a Bachelors degree in Psychology from Penn State University and earned her teaching credentials through Centre College in Danville, Kentucky.
When she is able to find some spare time, Maria enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her family at her home in Fernandina Beach, Florida.
We appreciate all you do for us Maria!
End of the Semester/Grading Period is HERE!!!!
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns - the deadlines stated are very important!
- The semester ends for AZ, CA, & CO on Friday January 18th!
Monday, January 21st: School Holiday
Tuesday, January 22nd: Teacher workday CA and AZ
Tuesday, January 22nd: 1st day of Semester 2 CO
Wednesday, January 23rd: 1st day of Semester 2 CA and AZ
Thursday-Friday January 24-25th: Performance Ed Benchmark Testing
Thursday, January 24th: Grades entered in PS by 12 noon EASTERNFriday, January 25th: All PSAPs complete in Alpine
Be sure you are......
- All grades entered into Powerschool NO LATER THAN 12 NOON – 1-24-13 (grades in PS and in D2L must match EXACTLY). Round all grades as follows: 0.49 and below rounds down; 0.50 and above rounds up)
- Email Elaina Mutis (CA), Cecilia Perkins (AZ), and/or Justin Schmitt (CO) as soon as all grades are entered in PS so that she/he can provide you with a verification report.
- Verify that all PSAPs are fully complete in Alpine.
What Is Going On In Other Mercury Locations?
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
You will receive updates here that will pertain to our students in any of these locations!
- be sure to consult the various calendars in D2L for these locations
Teachers PLEASE be sure you are keeping your D2L grade book updated. Whenever a program needs grades for a progress report, we export the D2L grade book current average. Thank you!
- grades gathered January 22 so be sure D2L is up to date
- testing January 21 - 25
- Mexican Holiday - Feb 4
- Jan 21 - MLK holiday
- Feb 1 and 4 - Prof Dev days
- Feb 18 and 19 - Winter Break
- Exams January 23-25
- 2nd Semester begins January 27th - our Sunday, but India's Monday:)
- Feb 25 - Mar 1 - Winter Break
Tip #1 The Night Before Testing:
• Go to bed on time.
• Put a few number 2 pencils with erasers in your backpack.
• Solve family/friend problems before the testing date.
- Be sure to add the Scantron widget for each respective state to your course home pages! We will conduct Performance Series assessments on Thursday January 24th and Friday January 25th.