Back to School Updates
from Longbranch Elementary (Updated August 5th)
Students' First Day: August 16th
Meet the Teacher Night: August 9th
4pm: AM kindergarten
5pm: PM kindergarten and 5th Grade
6pm: Grades 1 and 4
7pm: Grades 2 and 3
Volunteer Opportunity: Help Collect Fees on August 9th
Parent Handbook and School Policies
School Supplies and Kits
- Check payable to Longbranch Elementary
- Online here: Coming soon.
Why fees? The fee includes a technology fee, a unified arts fee, a workbook fee, an agenda fee, and a general fee that is deposited in the grade level's account to be used for things such as construction paper, graph paper, markers, crayons, laminating film, etc. throughout the year.
Look up bus info here:
At time of newsletter publish, this link is still not activated by the district. Check back Monday!!
I'm strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly, STRONGLY encouraging you to allow your kids to travel home in the manner they will travel home the rest of the school year on the first day. Having kids as a parent pickup on day one but bus/daycare van the rest of the year creates undue chaos at dismissal for two consecutive days. We do not release our buses or daycare vans until every child is accounted for. 650 kids on hot buses waiting to track down a handful of kiddos is not ideal. If we can have a plan of action in place before day one that is accurate for the year, it is ideal. It's truly easier for the child and for the full staff to send kids home on day one exactly like they'll go home the rest of the year. We REALLY appreciate your cooperation with this.
Daycare Bus Numbers and Alternate Stops
- We do not have ANY daycares in district, however many local daycares transport to and from Longbranch. If your child attends daycare, you will need to fill out an alternate transportation form located on our school webpage in the announcements section.
- If your child will be transported to the YMCA this year via school bus, you will need to fill out an alternate transportation form located on our school webpage in the announcements section. This year's bus number is #4 for YMCA in the morning and after school. For mid-day K transport---Bringing PM K's to Longbranch: Bus 250. Taking AM K's to the YMCA: Bus 281
- You can scan and send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in the office on August 9th.
Form can be found in the center of the webpage here: http://www.boone.kyschools.us/17/Home
Bus Stop and TIming Information
PLEASE check your routes. Our bus district received 10 new buses. Many bus numbers have changed and most routes have been pushed back 15 minutes.
Bus Practice Runs: August 14th
Lunch Fee Deposits
Cash (in envelope with your child's first and last name and homeroom teacher's name)
Check payable to Longbranch Cafeteria
Online here: https://www.myschoolbucks.com/ver2/login/getmain?requestAction=home
Two members of our cafeteria staff will also be in attendance at Meet the Teacher Night to collect lunch fees in the cafeteria.
**NEW** Parent Leadership Teams
Volunteering at School
You also need to complete our school volunteer training here: http://www.tildee.com/Tqx7Gk
New District Grading Policy and Scale
90-100 = A
80-89 = B
70-79 = C
69 and below = Incomplete
Anything below a 70 will be considered Incomplete. A student scoring an Incomplete in any content area will experience remediation either during or after school until the grade is at 70 or above. If the grade remains Incomplete at the end of the school year, it will become a D or F. Our goal is mastery of content so D's and F's will not be a part of our vocabulary unless we are experiencing an exceptional circumstance.
Remediation may occur during the core content class, during the extension block, or as a part of before or after school ESS.