August 27, 2020. Indiana Middle Level Education Association
What success stories can you share? Please let us know! (and we may find some of you on Twitter.)
Have You Checked out the New Indiana eLearning Lab?
You can create a profile and join different communities, including one for grade 6-8 educators (reminiscent of the Learning Connection that DOE had for several years.)
What Happens in a 2020 Internet Minute?
- What surprises you most about this chart?
- How many of these tools have you used?
- Which of these do you think will increase?
- You could even make up some math questions, such as, "If 404,444 hours of Netflix are streamed every minute, on average, how many people are on Netflix then?"
When Ed Campos posted this strategy below, several other teachers shared their versions, including these from Angelina Murphy and Shana Ramin, who links to a template. You can link to the original tweet from Ed with links here.
Opportunities to Learn from Top Blended Learning Expert Catlin Tucker
Have You Been Checking Out Library Books to Students?
Highlights included in this INSPIRE3 Update 8/27/20 . Thank You for sharing this Update with your staff and colleagues as these resources are beneficial in service-learning planning for in-school and/or virtual instruction for the 20-21 school year.
- Service-Learning Stories from Castle North M.S., Warrick County Schools
- Spotlight on Service-Learning article “Service Learning BLENDS into VIRTUALLY Everything!”
- Tutorials and PowerPoints on our Digital Resource page -free online resources available to use in-class or virtually and how SL connects to ALL content areas
- August Events and Teaching Resources -Establishing a Culture of Service; Introduction to Philanthropy; Character Education/Anti-Bullying
- Planning for 20-21 - LTG Calendar
- TeachOne Back to School LTG units/lessons/projects
- LTG Professional Development online mini-courses
- generationOn website free service/service-learning resources for teachers, students, and parents
- INPSIRE3 mini-grants available for 1st semester of 20-21
- Visit our INSPIRE3 page on the IASP website HERE and Connect
- INSPIRE3 Program Update
- Contact information for free assistance
- Thank You Very Much for sharing our updates and web page with your staff and colleagues
Learning Opportunities Calendar (all times listed are EDT)
August 27: Kristina Smekens, "Moving Toward Mastery in the COVID Era," 4 pm
August 28: Infographics: A Powerful Tool for Learning, Noon
August 29: Silver Lining for Learning with Catlin Tucker: Blended & Online Learning, 5:30 pm
September 2: Focus on the Journey: Essential Skills Teens Need Most, 3 pm
October 23-25: AMLE Virtual Conference
November 2 : Lilly Creativity Grant Applications Due
February 21-22, 2021: IMLEA Conference
Global CUE (Mainly Microsoft) (ongoing)
What Happened to the Monday Minute?
Due to some technical difficulties and permissions delays, we're a bit late again. Next week, we will probably be back on Monday! Currently, we are sending this to an extended list of recipients, but soon we will send to members only. Please consider joining IMLEA and/or AMLE (see details below and on our webpage.)
You can access past Monday Minutes via this link on our webpage, and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter; we will be posting there more frequently. Principals and others: Feel free to forward this newsletter to your staff, and email us at any time.
Special Opportunity for Joint Membership-IMLEA & AMLE!
Membership will include discounts for AMLE's upcoming virtual conference in October! More on that next week!