A.I. Root Middle School
Next Year Scheduling Info
March 23 - Scheduling for Next School Year - (6th Grade, Current Grade)
March 24 - Scheduling for Next School Year - (7th Grade)
March 25 - Scheduling Make-up for 6th & 7th graders (6th & 7th Grade)
April 21 - Students will have a one on one meeting with a high school counselor to confirm course requests. This is the time they can ask specific questions about high school scheduling. The students will schedule during their history class. (8th Grade)
April 22 - Make-up for 8th grader that was absent on 4/21. (8th Grade)
May 13 - Elementary Scheduling - one on one with Middle School Counselor (5th Grade)
Power of the Pen
Student of the Month
December / January
Isaac Lewis, Matt Heiskell, Heidi Sebaugh
Lily Cassidy, Tyler Reed, Jackson Riffle
Molly Waugh, Jack Mull, Connor Brentar
Maddie Rogers,Owen Roberts,Nick Gannon
Lincoln Williams, Dawson Crouch, Erin Morgan
Olivia Saksa ,Emma McNall,Carter Reese
Absence Due to Positive Covid Test
- Students Name and Grade
- Positive Test Date
- Symptom Onset Date
This will prevent the office from having to call back to gather this info. Thank you for your assistance.
End of the Year Activities
We are quickly approaching the end of the school year and it is time to start thinking about all of the activities that make it special. This is a return to our end of the year activities.
We have tentatively planned for our students: (Keep Your Fingers Crossed!!)
- May 20, 2022 - 8th Grade Luau
- Week of May 23rd - 8th Grade Cedar Point Trip
- May 26, 2022 - 8th Grade Recognition
- May 26, 2022 - Field Day (6th & 7th Graders Only)
More details to follow in future correspondence.
Root does have a few requirements in order for 8th graders to participate in some of the end of the year events. We do this to ensure a smooth end of the year for our students, staff and school as a whole and to maintain a focus on the importance of academics.
- Participation in the Luau - Students cannot have earned an Out of School Suspension at any point after February 11, 2022.
- Participation in the Cedar Point trip - Students cannot have earned an Out of School Suspension at any point after February 11, 2022. Students cannot have earned an "F" on their 3rd Quarter Report Card or be failing any course during the 4th quarter as of May 20, 2022. Students who meet either criteria will not be permitted to attend, regardless if a ticket had been previously purchased.
- 8th Grade Recognition is open to all students regardless of Academic achievement or discipline record.
National Junior Honor Society
National Junior Honor Society information is on our AI Root webpage and applications are now being accepted. Please use the following link to explore what NJHS is, the requirements, and how to apply.
Food Service Information
The United States Department of Agriculture has once again extended FREE meal benefits to all students for the 2021-2022 school year. This means ALL enrolled A.I. Root Middle School students will be able to receive one lunch at no charge every day that school is in session.
All additional items, such as extras and a la carte items are available for purchase. Students must have funds in their meal account or cash to make these purchases. Students will NOT be allowed to charge extras or a la carte items.
For additional information, including menus, please see the Food Service & Child Nutrition Webpage