Eastlake Middle School 4.23.18
The Week at a Glance
I am still recovering from pizza coma. I hope you enjoyed the food. Thank you everyone for your attention to details regarding SBAC. We are in a second week and so for it has been running smoothly. Few reminders for the week:
1. FAC notes have been updated and posted here.
2. After meeting with union representations and district officials, we will be offering both 7th and 8th grade teachers the opportunity to work promotion. If you sign up for promotion duties, you will be released at 1:00 on Monday and Tuesday of the final week of school. All other teachers are expected to stay on campus for their regular school duty hours. We will discuss this more in May. Sign-ups are going out shortly.
3. Mrs. Inzunza and the counselors have started the building of the master schedule. We hope to have a rough draft to PLC leads this week.
4. Be on the lookout for a special email from Molly asking for recommendations for WEB Leaders (orientation and peer buddies). It's going to be a special program for us!
5. It's Administrative Assistant Week this week! Let's make sure we get out there and thank our wonderful staff for the great job they do everyday. They are the faces and voices of our school. We appreciate you... Diana Hurst, Lorena Loera, Ruth Balderas, Karry Silva, Danielle Corona, Sandra Meza and Laura McGough.
6. In May, I will be meeting with each of you individually for an "exit" interview. I want to know how your year went, what we can do to make it better and ultimately, I want to know that you are always moving toward your legacy statement.
6. HELP! The Eastlake Education Foundation is sponsoring the Cycle Eastlake event coming up in May. The Eastlake Foundation is a great source of support for our school community. We hope you consider joining the ride, sponsoring the event or volunteering. See the flyers below.
7. Important TSP Reminder! Once a student is sent on a special TSP pass they are expected to stay with the teacher/class for the duration of TSP. Please do not send the students back to their original class.
8. Shoutout to Brandon Velazquez for defending his masters thesis on gaming and its effect on academic achievement. It was an honor to watch you present!
It's almost May! Enjoy the beautiful weather and get out there and be active!