Spotlight on Strategies
The Tale of Two Languages
2. Each group will have to present their research and sources with power point or prezi.
3. Each group has to choose one of the following topics:
- The history of the Chinese written language
- The various styles of the Chinese written language
- The history of the Japanese written language
- The various styles of the Japanese written language
4. After the group presentations, students will gather the information they have learned from other groups, go back to their own group and make some comparisons and contrasts of the two languages.
5. Each group has to present and give examples of the characteristics of the two languages. Some suggestions for their group presentation are: making a poster, power point presentation, demonstration of the writing of both languages.
Japanese Scripts. Retrieve from http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/Karuta_duo_kana-waka.jpg