Swartz Creek Global LEarning Hub
RIchard K. Thompson
Dean of On-Line Learning
What Drives Change?
Celebrated as a work in progess
High Fidelity Implimentation
Questions @ Hand...
- What is the operational definition of Opportunity Youth?
- What opportunities were available to students that have been suspended long term / expelled (SLT/E) before 2011 in Swartz Creek Community Schools?
- What is the MDE STW? - Michigan Department of Education (Seat Time Waiver)?
- What opportunities are there now - utilizing the STW in Swartz Creek?
- What are the repercussions to our district by not utilizing the STW for SLT/E students?
- What are the repercussions to the SLT/E student by not utilizing the STW?
- What are the statistics of the SCGLH LTS / E students?
- What Preponderance of Evidence is there of the students success in the HUB?
- How will the STW empower the student to show, self assessment, a growth plan, evidence of documented work?
- What are the needs of the SCGLH to fully indoctrinate the student into a new responsible ,educational and formation approach for the LTS/E student?
- What evaluation tool will the LTS/E student present to the board for reinstatement in the traditional school system?
- What systemic change do we need to capture this opportunity of the STW for SLT/E students?
Power Change Initiatives
1- What is the operational definition of Opportunity Youth?
In their early adult years, it is important for youth to gain additional skills through further educational, training,
and work experience.
Yet, many of America’s youth are neither enrolled in school nor participating in the labor market – they are not investing in their human capital or earning income.
Their disconnection represents a significant loss of economic opportunity for the nation.
This report examines the status of these ‘opportunity youth’.
2- What opportunities were avaliable to students that have been suspended long term / expelled (SLT/E) before 2011 in Swartz Creek Community Schools?
5- What are the reprocusions to our district by not utilizeing the STW for SLT/E students?
Loss of FTE
Potential loss of future FTE
Loss of Opportunity for formation
Drop Out Rate
7-What are the statistics of the SCGLH LTS / E students?