THS Choir Newsletter
March 1st, 2020
One more week
THS choir weekly calendar
Mrs. Brewer's Block Schedule
- These are required and a grade will be taken.
- If your child has tutoring, have the teacher verify it with an email or note.
- Students may bring food in but need to be looking at their music and sitting on the risers.
- Chorale students who miss are responsible for the material we covered. Rehearsal tracks will be in Google Classroom. They will need to upload a recording singing what we rehearsed in the sectional.
- Thursday: 2nd, 3rd and 7th period Tenors and Basses
- Friday: 3rd, 6th and 7th period treble.
Upcoming After School Rehearsals
Treble (ladies 3rd, 6th and 7th period)
Thursday March 26th
Monday, March 30th
Tuesday, April 7th
Thursday April 16th
Tenor Bass (All Tenors and Basses)
Tuesday March 24th
Tuesday, March 31st
Thursday April 9th
Tuesday, April 14th
These rehearsals are required and a grade will be taken. If there is a school related conflict, it is up to the students to bring it to my attention at least a WEEK before the rehearsal. Late buses are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays until April 9th. Unexcused absences could result in removal from the Varsity competing choir.
THS Pre-UIL clinic
Thursday, April 2nd, 3:30pm
1603 Baker Drive
- Choirs will be alternating from 3:30 - 6:00
- Students only need to be there for their choir(s).
- A schedule will be sent out after spring break.
- Informal uniform: jeans, polos and closed toe shoes.
- There will be a one way bus going to TUMC.
- This is a required performance for all THS choirs.
- Students may leave after their choir is finished. They do not need to stay for the other choirs.
- Parents are welcome to come listen, however, it is not a formal concert. It is a UIL run through for both concert and sightreading with guest judges.
Financial statements will be sent out this week.
Choir Trip UPDATE: STUDENTS SHOULD HAVE $425.00 paid towards their trip
Students should have:
$425.00 paid towards the trip.
I will know a final total this week and will email it to the parents of students on the trip.
The payment schedule and the trip contract can be found on the choir trip page of my website. Please check your child's cuttime account.