MCCHS FRIDAY FOCUS
213th ISSUE: December 17, 2021
From the Desks of Mr. Curtis Price & Rev. Charles Warren
Winter Dance - Cancelled
Government Books for Sale - $10 Each
Students who are registered for US Government for 2nd semester will need the book, We the People, (ISBN #978-0-393-63995-7). This book was inadvertently not included on this year’s Book List.
The school has a limited supply of used books for sale for $10 each on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested, please email Mrs. Murwin at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know. Since the office will be closed for Christmas break, please send payment to the office on Monday, January 3rd and your student will receive the book.
Attention Freshmen Parents - Dental Exam Forms Needed
We need a completed PROOF OF SCHOOL DENTAL EXAMINATION FORM for all Freshman students. If you have not provided one yet, these need to be turned in to our office no later than May 15, 2022. The dentist visit must occur between November 15, 2020 and May 14, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Johnson at email@example.com.
Mark your calendars! Reservations for a 2022-23 tax credit scholarship will open Wednesday, January 12 at 6:30 pm.
Like previous years, the reservation will be a two-step process. At 6:30 pm, the reservation form will open, giving families time to enter their information before submission at 7 pm. Once families reserve their time stamp, they will receive an email to log into their EmpowerXChange portal and complete the application when it opens on Friday, January 14.
Apply online at www.empowerillinois.org
College Information Night – Save the Date
Freshmen, sophomore, and junior students and their families are asked to save the date for our College Information Night. This year the event will be held on Tuesday January 25th, 2022 at Marian Central. The formal program will run from 6:30 – 8:30pm, with check in and a brief “Meet the Reps” beginning at 6:00pm.
College Information Night will include presentations from college admission professionals from various types of colleges and universities around the United States. Sessions include Finding Your Fit, Applying to Colleges 101, as well as Testing and When to Submit. A formal agenda will be posted on our Guidance website soon.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Wochner, College Counselor, at 815-338-4220 x120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Students and Parents – ACT Registration
Every year, Marian Central Catholic High School serves as a test center for the ACT in April. This year, the test date will be Saturday April 2nd, 2022. Please note that this date does fall during our spring break. Also know that while we serve as a test center, we are not able to reserve seats for our Marian Central students. If you are interested in signing up for the April 2nd ACT (or the February 12th, June 11th or July 16th at other locations), please register on the ACT Registration website. For the April 2nd test here, be sure to use our test center code: 174990.
Another important piece to note is, effective January 1, 2022 Illinois' public institutions will be prohibited from requiring the submission of student test scores as part of the admissions process. Overall, this is positive news and a trend we're seeing at many institutions across the country. One caveat that we want you to be aware of though is that students who wish to be considered as IL State Scholar candidates will still be required by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) to take the ACT or SAT during their third or fourth semester prior to high school graduation (typically August - June of junior year) to be considered for State Scholar designation.
Student Picture Retakes/Makeups Ready for Viewing
Student picture makeup/retakes are ready for viewing! Please read the following important information to help you view and order your student's images. Note that December 31 is the extended deadline to place an order with the best pricing!
1. View Your Student's School Picture Proofs
- Go to https://vickylongphotography.com/marian
- Scroll to the 2021-22 School Picture Gallery & click Enter Gallery
- Enter your email address
- Find your student album by Last Name and use his/her four-digit birth month and day as the password. (I.E. April 5 would be 0405. DON'T FORGET THE 'ZERO' IN FRONT OF SINGLE DIGITS!)
2. Order Digital Files, Prints and More by 12/31/21 for the BEST PRICING!
- We recommend you complete the ordering process from a computer (vs a phone)!
- Click the image you'd like to order and then the Buy Photo button in the upper right corner.
- Choose from Packages (bundled savings) and Items (a la carte prints, digital files and more!) If your student could benefit from some additional touch-ups for facial blemishes, hair frizzies, or teeth softening, please add the White Glove Touch-Up Service option under Items.
- Digital files will be emailed to you typically within 48 hours. Prints will be mailed to the address included on the order. Please allow additional processing time for any images requiring White Glove Touch Ups. :)
3. Use Your PrePay Credit!
- If you purchased a PrePay Credit, don't forget to add the FREE Wallets to your order. These are available under the Items Tab and PREPAY OFFERS!
- Then enter your student's four-digit birth month and day in the PROMO CODE field during checkout to apply your Prepaid Credit to the order!