April 30th, 2021
Grade Level and Explo Newsletters for the Week of April 26th
Upcoming at FMS
- NWEA Make ups will happen next week. We will send student reports home on Friday.
- Midquarter reports will be sent home Friday. These will be paper copies. Students will be working on leveling up all 1's and 2's in class.
- MAP testing for virtual students will be Monday, May 3rd and Monday, May 10th. Detailed information has been sent home from the counselors.
- Wednesday, May 5th-7:00am Stuco Publicity.
- Friday, May 7th-Track at Montgomery
There will be a meeting for 8th graders interested in running on the high school cross country team on Wednesday, May 13th, at 7:50 am in room 219 with Coach Yates!
- Just a reminder that any breakfast food/drinks from home should be finished before getting to school. There is free breakfast and lunch available to all FMS students.
- Please keep blankets at home.
Dance/Color Guard workshops for 8th graders, April 12th, and May 17th
If you are an 8th grade student interested in singing in one of the choirs in high school, you should see Ms. Ordway to pick up an information packet and to sign up for an audition time. Auditions are NOT required to be in choir at FHS but ARE recommended so Mrs. Railton, the high school choir director, can make sure everyone gets put in the group that best suits their voice. Auditions will be held after school Wednesday, May 5th, and Tuesday thru Friday, May 11th - 14th. Please see Ms. Ordway with any questions!
Monday, May 3rd and 10th for our virtual students
Tuesday, May 11th-Math for 6-8th grades
Wednesday, May 12th-ELA for 6-8th grades
Thursday, May 13th-Science for 8th grade
Thank you for working to get students here each of these days. Virtual students, more information will come soon on details. Thanks!
Happy Educator Appreciation Week!
Ring Ring--Cellphone Updates
Phones have been a significant problem since January. Below is the update we went over with students this week. If you have a message to get to your middle schooler, you can always call the office.
Student cell phones should be put away at all times.
- If you have your cell phone out during class, you will be asked to bring it in the office for the remainder of the day.
- If you refuse to turn in your phone, your parent/guardian will be called to pick up the phone (and possibly you if you are disrespectful) and it will be turned in the remainder of the week.
- If it continues to be a problem, you will not be able to have your phone with you at school.
- If the teacher allows you to listen to music, you can use your Chromebook.
Phones can be used:
- at lunch
- in the hallways during transition
- before and after school
- on projects with teacher approval
This begins each day at 7:50 and ends at dismissal. If a student should have to turn a phone in three times, the phone will either need to be left at home or turned in every morning the remainder of the year.