Quist ROYALS Weekly News
July 22, 2022
September 2, 2022
I wanted to start with a thank you for all of your support with our Day of Awesomeness fundraiser. Understandably, adding one more task is not always the easiest thing to do. We are grateful for this support and the opportunities presented in this program.
One of the pieces of feedback we received in our initial parent survey is to know more detailed specifics on what is taught at the middle level. Watch this video to learn more about how to find this important information.
We wanted to give you information about an upcoming assessment (survey) that all students across the district will be taking. It is called the Whole Child Needs Assessment; and it will be completed by in-person students only, during scheduled periods/days when our mental health team is available to respond to any student that indicates they would like a response. Please review this detailed letter from the district concerning this assessment (survey) and the content covered. If you have any questions regarding the Whole Child Needs Assessment, please contact your student’s school counselor.
Yearbook club is an opportunity to be at the center of Quist’s Culture. You will help preserve what Quist looked like while you were here. Everyone will be able to relive their middle school memories at the end of the school year, in 5 years, 10 years and for a lifetime.
Yearbook club is open for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students who are interested in taking photos and/or writing culture and current event articles. There is no need for previous experience.
Yearbook meetings will be held weekly on Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Starting on 9/14/22
Yearbook members will need to attend other Quist events outside of school hours on occasion to gather what will be needed for the yearbook.
If you are interested in joining us please submit your application by September 9th.
If you have any questions or concerns you may contact Mrs. Muniz:
Here is what you need to know at the beginning of the season.
- Uniforms, locks, & lockers were handed out. Please encourage your athlete to use their lockers and lock up their valuable items. Locks & lockers are optional. I have heard from my football coaches that this year's players are the most respectful about the locker room space!! Way to show respect and integrity RQMS Football!!
- Next contests - Volleyball vs Prairie View on Tuesday, Sept 6 (A is away, B/C is home) Football vs Prairie View @ Quist, Sept 14. All season dates are on our school calendar. Here is the link. Here is a link from Coach Spotts that has all volleyball games on one page.
- Football & Volleyball- I have a "team Mom/dad/family person". If you would like to help, please send me an email. This Football celebration will take place Oct 12, after school, at Quist. Volleyball will be Oct 13.
- Individual and group pictures will be taken by Natalie Beck. Purchase is optional and here is the online flyer. Football will take pictures on September 6. Volleyball took pictures on August 26.
From our Volleyball Coaches...
We greatly appreciate our Quist families! Our first priority is to make sure that all of our players are safe whether they are at practice or at games (home and away). With that being said, we wanted to clarify transportation requirements when traveling to and from away games:
- All players MUST be signed out by their parent/guardian before leaving the away game location. If a player leaves without a parent/guardian signing them out, then that player will not play in the next contest. We take the safety of our student-athletes very seriously, and it is important that there is a signature to confirm that the student-athlete had permission to leave the contest location.
- After an away game is completed, student-athletes who do not have a parent on the premises to sign them out will be expected to ride the bus back to Quist. The team will not wait for parents to pick up student-athletes at the away game location. Coaches will wait at Quist until all student-athletes have been picked up by their families.
We would love for our team to go and cheer on the Riverdale Ridge High School volleyball team! On Tuesday, September 20th there is a home game at RRHS. We have a game that day, and it may be a great opportunity to go cheer on RRHS after our game. The student-athletes will be able to enter the game for free.
Visit our Athletics page for more information about Quist Athletics.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with questions or concerns. Thank you for your support and sharing your amazing student athletes with us here at Quist.