We Are Together Tamanend!
September 28, 2018
Thank You for Reading Our Newsletter!
Tamanend Thinks About What We Post
Join us for the 1:1 Parent Training Night at Lenape Middle School
We hope you and your child are enjoying the laptops. There will be a parent “Training Night” on October 4th at Lenape Middle School starting at 7pm. Please RSVP to the event as well as give us feedback on the 1 to 1 Program by clicking here.
7:00-7:45pm: Welcome and Teacher Roundtable Discussion- Lenape Auditorium
7:45-8:30pm: Self-Guided Stations in the Cafeteria
- Table 1: What is One Note?
- Table 2: What is Canvas?
- Table 3: What is Office 365?
- Table 4: Technical Station
- Get your child’s laptop tuned-up and pen tightened. We have extra pen tips.
- Table 5: Signing up for a Parent Canvas Account
- Table 6: What is the iTeam?
- Table 7: Laptop Security-iBoss and Policies
Thank you so much for your interest in our program. We look forward to seeing you!
Jamestown Settlement: Instagram vs. Real Life
Calling All Artists!
Welcome Back Dance--October 5
Attention all students! Student Council is sponsoring our first dance of the school year which is next Friday, October 5th from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. Our theme for the Welcome Back Dance is Under the Sea. 7th and 8th grade students will be helping us decorate with all sorts of unique, underwater creatures during next week’s advisory. Dance tickets will be on sale all next week during lunch for just $7. You can also purchase your tickets at the door when you enter the dance for the same price. Snacks and drinks will be provided at the dance for no additional cost to students.
Calling All Writers!
9th Grade Chorus Pops Concert--October 3rd
9th Grade Chorus presents their annual Pops Concert on Wednesday, October 3rd at 7pm in the Tamanend Auditorium. This unconventional chorus concert features 9th Grade Chorus members singing a variety of popular styles of music. The concert is free and should last about 45 minutes. Attendees get a free “pop”-themed treat at the end of the concert. Come out and support the 9th Grade Chorus!
Reminder--Tamanend Magazine Drive Fundraiser
Reminder--Tamanend Parent Book Club begins October 2
Join us for the Tamanend Parent Book Club. This year, we will be reading Raising Kids to Thrive (2015) by Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD. The book describes "the Lighthouse Parenting Strategy" in which parents balance unconditional love and high expectations with the goal of raising resilient and happy children. This book club will follow a "no-pressure" format in which the facilitator will present a summary of the chapter and open the floor for discussion. We will share resources and ideas with the goal of helping the entire Tamanend parent community navigate the challenges of raising adolescents.
Meetings are held at 6:30 in the Tamanend Library
The first meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 2
Click here for further information, dates, and book information.
Please email Dr. Brian Caughie at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
Tamanend Gear for Sale
Girls Empower U Program at Central Bucks YMCA
Coats for Kids Drive
Reminder--Central Bucks Family YMCA Offers Free Memberships for CB 7th Graders
Central Bucks Family YMCA is proud to offer free memberships for community 7th graders. We help youth realize their potential to become active, engaged and thriving members of the community. Research shows that 7th grade is a critical time in a young person's life when exposure to risk factors greatly increase. The Y makes accessible the support and opportunities that empower these youth to reach their personal potential.
--Teen Strength & Fitness Orientation
--Two hour class focusing on safety, healthy exercise, smart goal setting and equipment instruction
--Use of Fitness Center*
*Must complete Teen Strength & Fitness Orientation classes to use the Fitness Center.
--Use of gymnasium
--Sports and Exercise classes
Sports classes included complimentary are: Teen Dodgeball and Teen Street Hockey.
Exercise classes offered complimentary are Power & Agility, Strength & Conditioning, Ab Blast, and Bootcamp for Teens.
--Reduced program costs
Classes include Babysitter Training, Preteen Nights, Athletic Training, and more!
--7th Grade Family Night
Every Thursday night from 5-8 PM, families have full guest access to our facility, services, and programs including our Fitness Center, two swimming pools, group fitness classes, and more!
How to join:
1. 7th grader must be present and bring a school ID, roster or report card and a parent or guardian to our Y.
2. Parents complete the required membership paperwork and sign form.
3. 7th grader may begin using membership right away.*
*Membership activates August 31, 2018, and runs through August 31, 2019. 7th Grade members for 2018-2019 must join by May 31, 2019.
For questions or more information, contact Lisa Schawrtzer at 215.839.6473.
We would like to thank Univest for their generous support of our 7th Grade initiative.
Reminder--Blood Drive--October 8
Thursday, Oct. 18th, 9am
1492 Stuckert Road
Parent Council is an open meeting where all parents are welcome to attend to learn more about Tamanend Middle School. Parent Council typically meets on the third Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. There is no obligation to attend all Parent Councils and there are no elected positions. Parent Council is a forum for parents and school leaders to learn from and with each other, together.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Please Consider Volunteering at Tamanend Middle School
Reminder--Volunteer Required Paperwork
Pennsylvania law requires all persons having direct contact with school children to obtain background checks and clearances. If you are planning on being in a Central Bucks school during the 2018-2019 school year for any reason, you will need to go to Volunteer Required Paperwork, and complete what is needed to obtain your Photo Volunteer ID Card. You will need that ID Card and a photo ID to enter a CB school.
Reminder--Support Tamanend While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop:
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card that gives money to the school you designate every time you shop. Use this link to select Tamanend as your A+ school after August 15th of the new school year.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900