January 16, 2023
¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
In Honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, all schools are closed on Monday, January 16th
In the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s memory, we encourage families to explore volunteer opportunities that allow them to give back to others. Here are a few activities other activities to complete at home.
- Read, re-read, or listen to Dr. King’s “I Have a Dream” speech, then reflect on your dreams through a family discussion: I Have A Dream
- Listen to the story, Orange, a book about diversity, inclusion, the power of words, and getting help when times are difficult: Orange, by Derrick Slack
- Download coloring sheets for kids and kids at heart
Dates to Know
- Jan. 24 - Grade Level Community Meetings
- Feb. 9 - No HW
- Feb. 20 - No School: Presidents' Day
- Feb. 21-24 - No School: February Recess
Winter Concert Shoutout
The Character Trait of the Month For January is Kindness
The character trait of the month for January is “Kindness”. We have defined kindness as being nice and considerate of others. This month students will participate in community meetings, read-alouds by mystery readers, and social-emotional learning blocks in their classrooms where they will identify what kindness is. We will challenge our students to show what they have learned and demonstrate random acts of kindness throughout the month. Families are invited to participate in and engaging in acts of kindness with their children at home. Through experiencing direct acts of kindness at home and at school, children will learn that it is truly rewarding to show kindness to others without expecting anything in return.
Social Emotional Behavioral Community Building
Check Out This New Resource From Our School Social Workers
From Your Specialists!
Hi Families! This year, our specialist team wants you to be able to take a look inside our classrooms. This is the first of many "Specialists Corner" for you to see the fun activities we're doing, and communicate any upcoming events or activities!
Here is the next edition of "Specialists Corner!" https://www.smore.com/7df95 (Updated 1/1)
Information from PTO
*Thank you to everyone who attended the January Community PTO meeting and to those who also brought treats to share with other attendees as well as the staff! You can find the meeting notes here: https://kingelementarypto.membershiptoolkit.com/PTO_Meetings
*If you are interested in helping the PTO with in-person or virtual Portuguese or Spanish translation at future PTO meetings and events, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you'd like to volunteer for the upcoming King of Hearts Dance, please email Maryellen Butler at email@example.com or fill out the volunteer form here: https://kingelementarypto.membershiptoolkit.com/Volunteer
*We are hoping to hold a Multicultural Fair in the spring but need your help! If you'd like to Chair or help with the event, please email Beth Folsom at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the volunteer form here: https://kingelementarypto.membershiptoolkit.com/Volunteer
*Be a coffee hero! Sign up to donate and deliver coffee and treats to the staff on a day that works for you here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0549adab29abfd0-king6#/
*Winter gear is needed! Please donate gently used or new snow pants, coats, waterproof gloves, hats, and boots to the main office. Larger sizes are very much in need.
Meet the King Staff!
Allergy Friendly Classrooms
- We ask that snacks (that are often eaten in the classroom) do not include nuts or nut butters. All classroom spaces at King this year will be allergy friendly rooms. Students are, however, allowed to have nuts and nut butters as part of their lunches in the cafeteria.
- In the cafeteria each classroom has 2 tables. One is labeled allergy friendly. We ask that any students that have nut or nut butter allergies sit at these tables; we ask that any students who have nut or nut butters as part of their lunch sit at the other tables.
- Students have been introduced to this in the cafeteria already, and will be reminded by their classroom teachers again.
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201
King Elementary School
James Bergeron - email@example.com
Julie Gelardi - firstname.lastname@example.org