Colts Express News
September 25, 2018
- Pelican's Spirit Night Last Week: Thanks to all those that made it out to Pelican's last Thursday evening for the PTA spirit night! We had a large very crowd. The manager said it was the largest attended spirit night he had seen. Thanks for your support and to Ms. Greer, Mrs. Brailsford, and Mrs. Baird for joining me as a "Mystery Server"!
- Boosterthon FunRun Weather Delay Plan (If Needed): We are watching the weather closely for our FunRun on Thursday. Currently there is a forecast of 60% chance of rain. If we have to delay the FunRun due to rain, it will be moved to Friday. If it continues to rain on Friday, as forecasted, we will then move the FunRun to Monday. The grade level FunRun times will remain the same regardless of which day we run. I will send an update tomorrow evening. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to plan the best we can in regards to the weather!
- School Start Time: This is a reminder that school and instruction starts at 7:40 am each day. As Fort Mill continues to grow, so does the traffic. Please make plans to have your child arrive on time each day, so they can be ready and prepared for the school day. If your student is late, please walk them into the building and sign them in with the front office staff.
- Student Attendance: The State Department now requires schools to report the number of minutes a student attends school each day. If your student arrives late, leaves temporarily during the day, or dismisses early, this impacts the total number of minutes accrued for the day. As a reminder, each student can have up to five parent excuses when your child is ill. Students are also excused from school when a medical excuse is provided at a doctor's appointment. A student is considered truant when they have reached five unexcused absences. If you have any questions about the district attendance policy, you may speak with Debbie Bogan at 803-548-8150 or email@example.com.
- School Improvement Council (SIC): Our School Improvement Council is getting ready to begin the 2018-2019 school year. The SIC is made up of teachers, parents, and community members. We currently have two slots available for parents to join the Council. The committee meets one Wednesday evening a month at 6:00 pm to discuss school and educational topics and develops a Report to Parents in the Spring. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in serving on the SIC. If we have more than two that are interested, we will have an election with those interested that will be voted on. Please reach out to me if you have any questions. Please let me know about Friday, September 28, if you would like to serve on the SIC.
Upcoming Important Dates
- September 27: Boosterthon FunRun - 2nd/3rd at 8:00, K/1st at 9:05, and 4th/5th at 10:15
- October 2: Fall Pictures
- October 5: School Spirit Day (wear school colors and/or apparel), Blue Pops, Outdoor Movie Night
- October 8-11: Book Fair
- October 11: Family STEAM Night
Springfield Elementary School
Click on the SES button to be redirected to our school website for additional information.