Work hard. Be nice. Have courage.
April 5, 2016
Tonight--KISD Film Festival!
Tuesday, April 5th, 7pm
9228 Sage Meadow Trail
Fort Worth, TX
The Film Festival Awards Ceremonies will take place on Tuesday, April 5th at Cinemark Alliance Town Square XD, 9228 Sage Meadow Trail, Fort Worth 76177 where finalists will find out if they have won. The school with the most entries (per enrollment) will also be named "2015-16 Filmmaker Campus of the Year". Finalists' certificates will also be available.
The ceremony for Grades 5-12 begins at 7pm. Attendees are welcome to stay for both ceremonies. Entry is free and open to the public. Seating is limited, so please plan to arrive early and enjoy walking the red carpet with fun photo opportunities.
Clips will be shown from every finalist entry on the spectacular 60ft ceiling-to-floor, wall-to-wall XD cinema screen with custom sound and premium seating. Formal attire is encouraged, but not necessary, just look your best!
Good luck, and see you on April 5th!
Sixth Grade Classes
A Midsummer Night's Dream
- We have begun to read William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream! So far, we have covered most of Act 1, Scenes 1 & 2.
- We will continue to work our way through the play, culminating in a final presentation of Act 5, scene 1.
This work is difficult--there are no shortcuts in Shakespeare--but your students have been doing a fantastic job!
Ask your student
- Who are the Mechanicals? What are they trying to do?
- Who are the lovers? What is their story? Who's in love with who?
- What is Lysander's and Hermia's plan to escape?
Fifth Grade Classes
Peter Pan-Act One, and Act Two Scene One
- So far, we have;
- Created a tableau of the Darling family
- Played "Mirrors," practicing how an actor could recreate Peter's shadow
- Discussed how professionals and amateurs could create the illusion of flight onstage
- This week, students performed an "About Me" speech telling the audience about a Lost Boy character they created
- Later this week--PIRATES!!
Ask your student:
- What is a tableau?
- How do you play "Mirrors"?
- How do theatre artists create flight onstage?
- What was your Lost Boy or Girl like?
BCI in the House
- This is not required or expected--for fun only!
- Guardians are responsible for their students PLUS the cost of admission. This is NOT a school-sponsored activity and no chaperons will be provided.
- Content: Please be aware that some content may be geared towards older students. It is up to you to research each production to ensure you are comfortable with what your child will see.
Save the Dates--Movies:
(Time TBD based on availability as dates get closer.)
Sunday, 4/17. TBD. The Jungle Book. Harkins Southlake Town Center.