By: Ryan Hayden
| || || |
- Asking a stranger to become your friend without a proper introduction is generally frowned upon.
- You do not need to accept every friend request
- Do not pest your friends to join a fan page or a group
- Learning Twitter's slang and tags is recommendable. The more you understand how to properly use them, the less you'll embarrass yourself.
- You do not have to follow everyone that follows you back.
- Repeatedly requesting to have your information retweeted is annoying. If your followers find your content interesting and relevant, they will retweet it.
- Making a new connection only to send a sales pitch disguised as a "thank you" note is sneaky and could destroy your reputation.
- Inviting members to a group outside of their field of expertise will typically end in failure.
- Provide work a full work history and explain what kind of work you are doing currently