Mustang Parent Involvement January
North Shore 10th Grade Center Parent Newsletter 2020
CREATING AND CULTIVATING A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE
Mark Your Calendar
January 4 - Student Holiday/Staff Development
January 5 - First Day of 4th 6 Weeks Grading Period
January 8 - Report Cards for 3rd 6 Weeks/Fall Semester Posted to Skyward Family Access
January 12 - Dual Credit 10th Grade Interest Meeting 5:30-6:30 pm Virtual
January 13-14 - NSSH Counselors visit Science Classes for 21-22 Course Selections
January 18 - District Holiday - MLK
January 20 - Log-In with the Campus Deputy Parent Meeting 10 am English 11 am Spanish Virtual
January 25 - 29 - Holocaust Remembrance in Texas Public Schools
January 29 - Progress Reports for 4th 6 Weeks
For more campus Observance Days please see our Campus Calendar.
February 3-4 - English II District Assessments (More Info Coming Soon)
February 8 - March 5 - AP Mock/Practice Exams
February 15 - Student Holiday - Presidents' Day
February 17-18 - NS10 Counselors visit Social Studies - Topic Transcripts
February 23-24 - TELPAS Online Testing (Virtual Learning Asynchronous for non-testing students)
Your feedback and input are extremely important to us at North Shore 10. Please take a few minutes to take the following short survey:
Sus comentarios y sugerencias son extremadamente importantes para nosotros en North Shore 10. Por favor tomen unos minutos para responder la siguiente encuesta:
Lady Mustang Track Team Tryouts
If you are interested in trying out for the Lady Mustang Track Team, tryouts will be held, Wednesday, January 13th at 3:00 p.m. at the 9th Grade Campus. You must have a physical on file in order to tryout. Please fill out the Google form below prior to tryouts. Flyers will be placed around each campus with all necessary information. The link will also be available on the Lady Mustang Track and Field Twitter page. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Roberson at 832-386-3448 or email@example.com.
Join NS10 PTSA (PTA)
You can visit our webpage at https://www.galenaparkisd.com/Domain/3179
Do you need WiFi?
High-Speed Internet at Home
Galena Park ISD has partnered with Harris County to provide internet service identified homes of GPISD students. If during registration, you indicated you did not have high-speed internet at home, Harris County is offering a 6-month sponsorship for Internet Essentials for free service through Comcast. This sponsorship will give you and your family access to the internet at home at no cost to you through the remainder of the school year, with the opportunity to continue receiving service for a low monthly cost once the sponsorship ends.
In order to take advantage of this offer, you must apply by January 22nd, 2021 to qualify. You can contact Ms. Rogers at 832-386-4890 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
COVID-19 Reminders for NS10
● Any Mustang riding a GPISD school bus must wear a mask.
● Mustangs must wear masks while within any GPISD facility .
● All water bottles must be transparent and clearly labeled with your Mustangs name
● During lunch, students should refrain from sharing food, beverages or snacks of any kind with others.
Within NS10, please be reminded that our greatest protection against the spread of viruses is to:
● Wear a mask
● Maintain social distance of at least 6 feet
● Practice good hygiene, such as frequent handwashing, and covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
● Limit unnecessary contact as much as possible
COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Request for Return to F2F Instruction
- Mustangs can return at the end of each six weeks with principal approval. To request a return parents must fill out the Instructional Arrangement Change Form under Family Access within Skyward.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Stevens at 832-386-4880 or email at email@example.com.
NS10 Face to Face Learning FAQS
Will my Mustang be issued a new ID Badge?
- ID badges will only be issued to students whose parents have selected F2F as their child’s Method of Instruction (MOI). ID badges should be worn daily and at all times while students are on campus.
Are all Mustangs returning on Monday, November 16, 2020?
- No, only those who selected face to face instruction on Family Access within Skyward.
What safety measures have been put in place for my Mustangs return?
- Face Masks are required for all students/staff to enter the building.
- Students must Sanitize as they go in and out of each door/classroom.
- Virtual meetings will be held for student assemblies and special program sessions (ARDs, LPAC, 504).
- Physical distancing practices will be put in place in common areas, classrooms, and hallways as much as possible while maintaining social closeness.
What is the earliest my Mustang can report to campus?
- Doors at NS10 will open to students at 6:30 AM.
Where should Mustangs report to when they arrive on campus?
- Students may enter the building through the bus ramp, or front entrance and report to the cafeteria before 6:45 AM. Students who arrive after 6:45 AM must report straight to their classrooms (1st/5th periods).
What extracurricular activities will my Mustang be allowed to participate in after school?
- All extracurricular student organizations will be allowed to meet beginning October 19, 2020. Please contact your coach/sponsor for a face to face or virtual meeting schedule.
Will my Mustang have to wear a mask? Yes
Can my Mustang bring their own water bottle? Yes
Will parents be allowed to join their Mustang for lunch? No
Will parents be allowed to send food to their Mustang? No
Are mesh backpacks still required? Yes
What is the dress code for my Mustang?
Does my Mustang have to bring their chromebook to school? Yes
What is the latest my Mustang can be on campus?
- Students are expected to leave campus at dismissal time (2:35 PM) unless they are participating in an extracurricular activity.