ADAMS CENTRAL ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL UPDATE 10/1/21
Hello, Adams Central Families and Friends!
It's hard to believe that we are quickly approaching the end of the first quarter. I want to thank you for your support in making the beginning of the year run smoothly. Your diligence in reading at home with your children, keeping students home when ill, honoring quarantines, aiding with homework, sending water bottles, attending meetings, and a host of other activities does not go unnoticed. I firmly believe that AC is blessed with amazing family support!
Please take time to read this newsletter in its entirety as there are many events and items that are addressed.
As always, please reach out if you have questions, need support, or want to share a celebration.
Mary McCullough, Elementary Principal
Moments with Mom
Wednesday, October 6 from 7:15 AM-8:00 AM will be the PTO Moments with Mom event. Each elementary student is invited to bring his/her mom or a representative to a donut/drink breakfast. Parents may park on the west or north sides of the building.
We ask that you plan to depart prior to 8:00 to eliminate traffic and parking issues as students and busses arrive to start the day. Supervision will be available in the elementary gym as guests finish and leave for the day. Students must come to the gym when their guests leave.
The Book Fair will be open in the elementary library for students accompanied by their guest.
Yoga Classes for K-2 are now full.
Cathy Bledsoe will be here to speak with our students about cyber safety. There will be a parent meeting Thursday, October 7 at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. I encourage all parents to attend this highly informative meeting!
VIP DAY... please note changes
We will have staff throughout the building to help direct VIPs to the appropriate classrooms.
Reminder that the Book Fair will be open in the cafeteria.
**In the event of inclement weather, the program will be canceled and shared via video at a later date. However, VIPs will still be invited to visit the classrooms at 1:00, share a treat, and take students home when finished.
Please note that due to the change in venue additional walking will be required. If your VIP is unable to walk to the classroom to pick up their student for early dismissal, please alert a staff member and we will help retrieve the student.
October 21 Virtual Learning Day Guidance
Please note the following information for K-5 students as we are aware that elementary students require parental support to complete tasks and need access to teachers prior to the start of the fall break vacation.
- Assignments will be available on Friday, October 15 at 4:00PM
- If you need a device for a K-1 student please contact your child's teacher. All work can be done on a home device, but we will provide devices for K-1 students without home computers or iPads.
- Grade 2-5 Chromebooks will be sent home on Friday 10/15 and will need returned on Monday 10/18.
- Grade 2-5 Chromebooks will be sent home Wednesday 10/20 and need to be returned Tuesday 10/26
- All work is due by 8:00 AM on Tuesday, October 26. Incomplete assignments will be completed at non-instructional times.
Enjoy a few days off on Friday, October 22 and Monday, October 25. We will see you back on Tuesday, October 26.
Dismissal... Please help us!
If you have a middle school student or 5th-grade band student, please help us in this process by not entering the carline until 3:00 or 3:05. These students are not dismissed until 3:00 and waiting vehicles keep the carline from flowing.
- Please remain in your car and our staff will help students enter and exit vehicles.
- If you need to buckle a student into a carseat, please pull up to the very end of the lane (near the ramp) before exiting your vehicle.
Each family will be allotted 2 car tags. Additional tags may be purchased in the office for $5.00. When purchasing a tag, please make a check payable Adams Central. We do not keep cash on hand in the office.
- Oct. 6 Moments with Mom 7:15-8:00 AM in the Cafeteria, W-1 Doors
- Oct. 7 Cathy Bledsoe Cyber Safety Parent Night 6:00 PM in the Cafeteria
- Oct. 8 VIP Day 1:00
- Oct. 19-20 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Oct. 21 Scheduled Virtual Learning Day (Students work from home) Teachers will be attending Professional Development
- Oct. 22-25 Fall Break
- Nov. 1 PTO Meeting 6:30 PM in the Elementary Library
- Nov. 2 Family Literacy Night 6:00 PM in the Cafeteria