PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, April 11, 2016
2016 Bond Information Meetings to be Hosted by Superintendent
Plano ISD community members are invited to attend any of the remaining three information meetings to be hosted this spring about the district’s May 7 bond election proposal. Superintendent of Schools Dr. Brian Binggeli will present information and answer questions. Meetings will be held from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the district’s high schools on the following dates:
- April 13 (Wednesday) - Jasper High School (presentation room), 6800 Archgate Drive, Plano, TX 75024
- April 25 (Monday) - Vines High School (presentation room), 1401 Highedge Drive, Plano, TX 75075
- April 28 (Thursday) - Shepton High School (library), 5505 Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- Bring friends to a Kendra Scott party on TONIGHT, Monday, April 11, from 5-8pm!
- All seniors are invited to purchase tickets now for the Dave and Busters event on 5/1 from 12-5 am. You get unlimited buffet and drinks, game card with unlimited play (except for games that dispense tickets), and entry into drawings for scholarships and great prizes! Ticket prices are $20 online and $25 at the door. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/form/m/14857
- Mark your calendar for Stay Day on 4/22! Enjoy a delicious lunch at the Panda Express and Dippin’ Dots food trucks.
- Seniors: Tickets are now available for the Senior Lunch! It will be catered by Macaroni Grill on May 13 in the Gym. Admittance is by ticket only at your regularly scheduled lunch period. Tickets purchased online should be picked up May 2-11 during lunch periods, and tickets will also be sold then. No tickets will be sold at the door. Ticket are $5.
- Invite friends and family to dinner at Firecrust Pizzeria at 6509 W Park Blvd on April 28 from 4-9 pm. Just say ‘Plano Senior PTSA’ to enable a donation.
- Volunteers are needed for the After Dark event on May 1. Help us to make this a fun celebration for our Senior students. Sign up online at https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Open_Forms. Just select “PSHS Volunteer Opportunities 2015-2016”, go to the ‘Senior Celebration’ section, and sign up. Thank you!
- Seniors who are PTSA members this year are eligible to win a $500 scholarship in a drawing by the PISD Council of PTAs on May 17. There will be one winner from PSHS. Join now!
- AP Exam workshops are available from C2 Education, a PTSA Community Partner. Your first workshop is free, and each additional workshop is $20. The location is 4709 W Parker Rd #490. To register, call 972-943-9500 or email email@example.com.
Monday, April 11th 7:10- 9:00 pm AP Chemistry
Wednesday, April 13th 7:10-9:00 pm AP Calculus
Monday, April 18th 7:10- 9:00 pm AP World History
Wednesday, April 20th 7:10- 9:00 pm AP European History
Monday, April 25th 7:10- 9:00 pm AP Physics
Wednesday, April 27th 7:10- 9:00 pm AP U.S. History
- Celebrate Hedgcoxe’s 25th birthday by enjoying a fun day in the sun at their annual golf tournament, benefiting the Hedgcoxe PTA. The tournament will be at the Twin Creeks Golf Club on April 29th. Included in your $75 registration fee is free use of the driving range, as well as a burger lunch buffet, so come early and come hungry. Anyone is welcome to play, men or ladies, kids or grandparents, scratch golfers, weekend warriors or once a year hackers. The players cover the spectrum. Support the school and have some fun! Information is available on the Hedgcoxe PTA website. http://www.planmygolfevent.com/28843-Hedgcoxe_7th. For any questions, please contact Nick Foligno (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stacie Markley (email@example.com).
- Looking for an online Driver’s Ed class? PTSA is partnering with Aceable Drivers Ed to provide a discounted rate for their online state approved Drivers Education course. Simply sign up using the NEW discount code ‘PSHS’ to receive a 25% discount! www.aceable.com
Class of 2016 Elementary Reunions
Andrews Elementary - Tuesday, May 17th 4:45-6:00 p.m.
Barksdale Elementary - Wednesday, May 25th, 4:30-6:00 p.m. Library
Bethany Elementary - Thursday, May 19th 5:00-7:00 p.m. Library
Beverly Elementary - Thursday, May 19th 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Boggess Elementary - Tuesday, May 17th 4:30-6:00 p.m. Library
Carlisle Elementary - Tuesday, May 17th 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Christie Elementary - Thursday, May 19th 4:30-6:00 Cafeteria
Daffron Elementary - Wednesday, May 11th 4:30-6:00 p.m. Library
Forman Elementary - Tuesday, May 24th 4:30-6:00 p.m. Library
Gulledge Elementary - Thursday, May 12th 4:30-6:00 p.m. Library
Haggar Elementary - Tuesday, May 17th 5:00-6:30 p.m. Library
Haun Elementary - Tuesday, May 24th 4:30-6:00 p.m. Library
Hightower Elementary - Thursday, May 19th 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Huffman Elementary - Tuesday, May 24th, 4:00-6:00 p.m. 2016 Library
Hunt Elementary - Wednesday, May 11th 4:15-5:30 p.m. Library
Jackson Elementary - Thursday, May 26th 4:30-6:00 p.m. Library
Matthews Elementary - Wednesday, May 25th 4:30-6:30 p.m. Gym
Miller Elementary - Wednesday, May 18th 4:30-6:00
Saigling Elementary - Tuesday, May 17th 4:30-6:00 Cafeteria
Skaggs Elementary - Tuesday, May 17th 4:30-5:30 Library
Thomas Elementary - Thursday, May 26th 4:30-5:30 p.m. Library
Weatherford Elementary - Tuesday, May 17, 4:30-5:30 p.m. Cafeteria
Wells Elementary - Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:30-6:00 p.m
Wyatt Elementary - Wednesday, May 25, 2016 4:15-6:15 p.m. Cafeteria
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT CHILI'S
PLANOETTE SPRING SHOW
The Planoettes present their annual Spring Show "Tune In" from Thursday - Saturday, April 14th, 15th & 16th at the Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center, PSHS. Tickets are$10 each.
· TODAY, April 8th – Fri., April 15th from 4:15 - 6pm at the PSHS Theatre Box OfficeMonday, April 11th - Friday, April 15th during Both Lunches in the Cafeteria
2016 AP MACRO EXAM PREP
- 11 April, Monday: Units 3 & 4
- 19 April, Tuesday: Units 5 & 6 at 8am
- 28 April, Thursday: Mock Exam
All prep sessions will be in Mr. Magavern’s room after seventh period unless noted otherwise.
AP PSYCHOLOGY REVIEWS: After school in A-123
- Tues., April 12th – Tips & U1 (The Field)
- Thur., April 14th – U2 (The Mind)
- Tues., April 19th – U3 (Dev. Person) & U4 (The Environment)
- Thur., April 21st – U5 (Thinking) & U6 (Mental Health)
- Wed., April 27th - Mock Exam
- Mon., May 2nd – AP PSYCH EXAM - 12pm
VISITING COLLEGES / SERVICES
Thursday, April 14th Both Lunches/Cafeteria:
Florida Atlantic University
Loyola University of Chicago
Oklahoma State University
University of Central Arkansas
University of Georgia
University of New Mexico
University of Oklahoma
GRADUATION ORDERS PICK-UP
PSHS CHOIR AUDITIONS
COME BE A PART OF THE AWARD WINNING, NATIONALLY RENOWNED HONOR CHOIR OF PLANO SENIOR.
- Vines High School: Starts the week of April 18th; Auditions will take place during your choir classes.
- Clark High School: Starts the week of April 25th; Auditions will take place during your choir classes.
Auditions will include:
-Demonstration of your vocal range.
-Demonstration of the strength of your aural skills
-An 8 measure sight reading exercise
-A general singing exam
-All singers must present a most recent copy of their report card on audition day
PLEASE make plans to attend the ’16-’17 Choir Meeting on Tuesday, May 31st at 7pm in the PSHS Choir Room – D109. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
PSHS COLOR GUARD AUDITIONS
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION-HIGH SCHOOL
On-line registration for High School Summer School started Monday, March 21st. Counselors must pre-approve courses in the registration portal. To register, visit with your counselor about course selections, then login to parent portal and complete the student emergency information from any computer with internet access. Courses pre-approved by the student’s counselor will be viewable and available for selection. Online registration and payment is the most efficient and convenient way to enroll in Summer School courses. Questions regarding registration can be directed to the campus counseling office.
- June 13 - June 30
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 5 - July 22
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 1, July 4
- Note: On the last day of each session students will be released at 10:00 am.
- Only one absence is permitted per session.
Plano East Senior High School, 3000 Los Rios Blvd, Plano TX 75074
- English, Spanish, Math, Communication Applications and SAT-PSAT Preparation Classes.
Plano West Senior High School, 5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Health.
For a comprehensive list of High School Summer School course offerings, visit:http://www.pisd.edu/students/summer.school/high.school.shtm
Prom Tickets are on sale online through parent portal at https://parentviewer.pisd.edu/ for $30/student until Tuesday, April, 26th. At the door, they will be $40/student. Only seniors may purchase tickets. Limit is two per student.
ONLINE TICKET PURCHASE INSTRUCTIONS:
-Log in to Parent Portal
-Scroll down to "Student Registration" window
-Click on your student's name
-Click on "Pay Now" button...this will open a window for prom ticket purchase
-Print out receipt, if possible, for student to present when time to pick up tickets
MEN’S WEARHOUSE PROM PROMOTION
NOW is the time to think about what you’re wearing to prom and Men’s Wearhouse can help you find the look that’s right for you! They’ve got the latest styles like slim fit as well as modern styles for those who like to keep it classic.
Become a Prom Rep and earn a free tux rental and suit to keep, plus you could win $25,000! Sign up for their free rewards program and save $30 on your rental. You can even get instant rewards - $10 gift cards for sports apparel, electronics, phone apps and more! You can also help earn money for your school! When you rent your tux from Men’s Wearhouse, your school gets cash back for each rental. Visit your nearest store or check out http://www.menswearhouse.com/ for all the details.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT: RECYCLING SHOES AND CLOTHING NEVER MADE MORE CENTS!
Be a part of diverting thousands of pounds of shoes and clothing from local landfills by filling our shoe and clothing donation bin with your gently used: shoes, clothes, purses, belts, wallets, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans. For every pound donated from you, our fashion students receive $0.15. Our bin is conveniently located in the East parking lot by the gym in handicap parking.
The benefit to you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, and kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills. Thank you from Advanced Fashion Design students!
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: