Friday April 8th
2022 Riverview Elementary
“RE-View” Variety Show
May 6, 2022
We are so excited about this year’s “RE-View” Variety Show! There is A LOT of detailed information here - please be sure to read it all before submitting your entrance form!
Riverview is responsible for maintaining high standards of behavior and ensuring that all acts are K-5 appropriate and culturally sensitive and inclusive. We are responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy environment for students and staff at all times. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Turpin or Ms. Kellogg with any questions!
The show will be on Friday, May 6th in the afternoon! A time will be set once we know how many acts we have! Parents/Guardians of performers are welcome to attend in person!
Each entry MUST include a video of the student(s) performing their act. This video will serve as a screener to ensure all acts are appropriate for the show. There will NOT be in-person screenings this year! All entrance forms must be complete by April 18th.
Click HERE for entrance form! This must be submitted by 4/18/22 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Students in Kindergarten-5th grade are welcome in our “RE-View”, but each student may participate in only one act.
- Each entry MUST contain appropriate language, content, and dress.
- Check lyrics - words and meaning must be K-5 school appropriate to be included in the show.
- Costumes must cover midriff and have straps that are wider than 1 inch.
- If in doubt, choose a different song/costume.
- Any act utilizing something questionable will NOT be allowed in the show.
- Mrs. Turpin will make the final decision if something is in question, but please take the time to check all lyrics, whether singing or using as accompaniment for other routine to avoid being excluded from the show.
- Any costume or performance depicting a race or culture other than that of the performer will NOT be permitted. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Ms. Kellogg or Mrs. Turpin.
- Each act may be no longer than 3 minutes in length. Please be sure to time yourself at home during your rehearsals!
- If you need to make a cut to a song, there is a program called Audacity that offers a free download and is user-friendly.
- Performances may be one of the following types of acts: singing, dancing, lip syncing, martial arts, gymnastics, playing an instrument, acting, comedy. If you have a question about an act that does not fit into these categories, please contact Ms. Kellogg at Riverview (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students choosing to sing should have an accompanist, or use an accompaniment track (instrumental, karaoke, etc) CD/mp3/mp4 file. These files will need to be emailed or given on CD/flashdrive to Ms. Kellogg by April 29th.
- Recordings with background singers are acceptable. Recorded music will be played for you. You must send in a recording (CD, mp3/mp4 file) and Ms. Kellogg will have it ready for you. A link to a playlist or video will NOT work, and you will not be able to connect a personal device through Bluetooth. The school cannot purchase songs for you. Please label any CD or flashdrive with your name! Files may be emailed to Ms. Kellogg (email@example.com) or brought in on CD or Flashdrive by April 29th.
- Each act must provide their own materials (i.e. sheet music, accompaniment, recordings, props, etc.) The school can provide the following equipment: 2 microphones, gym mats, music stands, piano, chairs.
RE-View is not a competition! No student shall be “cut” from the show as long as all criteria are met:
- Entrance form submitted by 4/18/22
- Any recordings given to Ms. Kellogg by 4/29/22
- Appropriate costume and material
- Length of act – up to 3 minutes
- Appropriate lyrics and content
- All other requirements
If a student does not submit an entrance form WITH VIDEO and COSTUME PHOTO by 4:30 on April 18th, he/she will not be able to perform.
Checklist for performers:
- entrance form submitted through Google Forms by 4/18/21 at 4:30 PM
- Song files emailed to Ms. Kellogg by 4/29/22.
- Practice, Practice, Practice!!!!
- Share your talent with RE at the show on May 6th!!
Questions????, contact Elaine Kellogg firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you missed it......
Late Arrivals and Early Pickup
Thank you in advance for helping us with this small change! We look forward to seeing your smiling faces in the front office.
Changes in the Lunchroom
- Please use the sign-up below if you would like to come and have lunch with your child. This follows board policy of making sure our visitors are pre-planned.
- Students and their guest will have special seating on our stage.
- You may purchase an adult lunch at school. If you would like to do this, the cost is $4.35, and it is helpful if we know this in advance.
- You may choose to bring food from a favorite restaurant to enjoy with your child.
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Desoto Summer Band Camp
Messages From PTA
*Johnny's Restaurant Fundraiser: Wednesday, April 20th, all day!
*General Membership Meeting: Monday, April 25th, 7pm, RE Library
*Greenhouse Fundraiser @ Marc's Greenhouse, April 25th-May 15th
*Scholastic BOGO Book Fair: Thursday, April 28th, 5-7pm & Friday, April 29th, 6-8pm
*Spring Fling: Friday, April 29th, 6-8pm, Riverview Parking Lot
The PTA is excited to host our Spring Fling on April 29th from 6-8pm at Riverview! It is going to be a fun evening complete with food trucks from Sancho Streetside & Dole-licious, face painters, balloon artists, a cake walk, games, and more! We hope to see you all there.
To pull off such an evening, we need volunteers to help man a few stations and to donate a few supplies. Sign up here.
Peanut FREE School.....Reminder
Thank you again for helping keep all the kiddos here at RE safe and healthy!
Making a Difference Award
Coming Up at RE:
April 4th- Picture Day
April 5th- Choir Performance
April 6th- Late Start
April 6th- Choir Performance
April 15th & 18th- No School
Want to Stay Informed? Sign Up for schoolNEWS ALERT
Sign up for Text Alerts
Receive emergency information, school closings, early dismissals and administrative reminders on your mobile device. This text and email service is free, but check with your mobile provider as text messaging and data rates may apply.
To subscribe >> https://www.usd232.org/Domain/83
Community partner Country Club Bank is providing support to ensure this service is available in USD 232.
Here you will find some summer camps and activities right here at Riverview as well as throughout the district.
The BOE-Approved USD 232 Student and Family Handbook can answer parent questions on a variety of topics.