2022-2023 Friday, September 9, 2022
Shelli LeBlanc, Principal
Amanda Cucinotta, Assistant Principal
Ariel Aymond, Counselor 5th Grade
Krystal McCure, Counselor 6th Grade
From The Principal
Our first grading period progress reports became available to view today. To view your child's progress report please visit your Parent Access Account: https://pac.conroeisd.net/
Once logged in you will be promoted to electronically sign to then view the progress report. This same process will be used for each progress report and for the first three report cards each school year.
Parent Access is also a wonderful way to keep up with grades throughout the grading period. You can even set email reminders for when grades are entered.
Wishing you a joyful upcoming weekend,!
2021-2022 Accountability Summary
The Collins 2021-2022 Accountability Summary has been posted on our school's profile page. The accountability reports can be accessed using the following steps:
From the school’s website:
- Go to "Our School/Campus"
- Click “View School Profile"
- Select “Accountability Reports”
- Click “2021-2022"
- Select "2022 Accountability Summary "
If you missed our DI night, please view the Parent Presentation: Click Here The last slide includes the 2022-23 DI Dates and DI I Want To Play Packet.
If you are interested in joining Destination Imagination at Collins, please fill out the interest form by clicking the button below.
Breakfast and Lunch Updates
- $1.50 - Kettle Corn Popcorn
- $1.00 - Brownie, Rice Krispies Treat, or Slush
- $0.75 - Chips, or Cry Baby
- $0.50 - Freshly Baked Cookie, or Fruit Roll-Up
- $0.40 - 8 oz Bottled Water
This month, we are celebrating the trait of Respect! Teachers are on the lookout for students who treat others kindly, care about the feelings of others, and who make a positive impact at Collins. 5th and 6th grade students have both had guidance lessons this week that will be finished next week, and we are having some great conversations about respect with our students!
We have some wonderful parent presentations being given by the district counseling department in the coming months! Please see the flyers below for more information.
Nurse Kendall's Updates
This week we began vision and hearing screenings on all 5th grade students. Normally we screen all 5th grade students first, then rescreen any students who did not pass the first time. If a student fails a second screen, parents will be notified with a letter.
Once again, I want to remind all parents not to send medication to the clinic with their students. If your student requires medication, please bring it to the school and fill out the medication permission form. Thanks!
The next PTO Meeting is Sept 12th @ 1:30p (In person or virtual zoom meeting option)
September Spirit Night:
Forget Taco Tuesday, Collins Cobra Families Celebrate Taco Monday!
Join us for our September Spirit Night!
Monday, Sept 19 from 4:30 - 8:30p.m.
Torchy's Tacos (in Cochran's Crossing Center)
Be sure to show a picture of the flyer so Collins' PTO can earn the proceeds.
****More details coming soon for our upcoming Fall Spirit Nights****
10/12 (Wednesday, 5-7p): Chick-fil-A
11/7 (Monday, 4-8p): Black Walnut
Friends of Collins Fundraiser!
Dates: September 14, 2022 to September 30, 2022.
Benefiting: All Collins Intermediate Students
Look for the flyer being sent home and emails with all the exciting details starting Wednesday, September 14!
Art Update from Mr. Hunt and Mrs. Ferguson
We are looking forward to an exciting year of teaching art to your Collins child. We believe art education should be fun, empowering, but also relevant to our students’ lives both in and outside of the classroom. Our program is designed to develop and improve creative and technical skills in the beginner or experienced art student.
What will my child need for art? We ask that each art student provide their own sketchbook and pencil, but all other art materials will be provided. Students are welcome to bring their own art supplies to supplement what is provided by Collins, but it is in no way required.
We are off to a great start to the school year in the art room at Collins working on our drawing skills as well as learning about artist Chuck Close and the grid method in Mr. Hunt's room. In Mrs. Ferguson's room, we are creating ceramic character mugs while also learning about the properties of clay, clay terminology and stages of the clay building process.
Orchestra Update from Mrs. Gibbs
We are rolling right along in Orchestra!
Just a few reminders: Please make sure you are signing your student’s practice record every Monday evening, so it is ready to turn in every Tuesday. Important dates for the semester are on the bottom of the practice record, including concert and audition dates. Don’t forget to trim the nails on their left hand, so they can play their instruments correctly.
Morning practice is not required, but the orchestra room is open from 8:00-8:30 a.m. Monday- Friday. This is a great opportunity for kids to get in their daily practice without interfering with evening activities. :-)
5th grade parents, your kids are doing amazing!! I am throwing a lot of information at them and sometimes it can feel overwhelming, but they are doing a great job keeping up. I promise you we will get to where we use the bow!
6th grade parents, we are expanding our knowledge of scales(their favorite :-), and really cleaning them up.
Please watch for weekly email updates from Mrs. Brill.
Thursday after school rehearsals - 5th families pick up in the back of Collins and 6th grade picks up at the front of Collins.
Canvas at Home:
1. Use Chrome for the browser.
2. Parents, please use the Canvas for Parents log in to look at your student’s Canvas course assignments. If you decide not to do this, and go ahead and log in with your student’s account information, oftentimes the system automatically connects the parent Gmail account to the course. That creates a problem at school for your student, and prevents your student from doing their assignments in a timely manner.
3. If your student is using Canvas at home on a computer that is shared, please use “guest” as their browser window. You find “Guest” by clicking on the small circle in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser- many times it has a letter or photo: Click on that, then choose “Guest,” and then type sso.conroeisd.net in the address bar. Click here to see a short clip!
Knox and College Park News
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 6th Lunch A: 11:50 AM - 12:20 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 12:10 AM- 12:40 PM
- 5th Lunch C: 12:30 PM. - 1:00 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:50 PM - 1:20 PM
Sign Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F49A5A929A7F9C34-collins4Front Office Times:
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:30 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:40 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:35 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:45 PM First Flight (7 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 and 2 dismissed along with bike riders
- 4:07 PM Walkers dismissed - continue to scan parents cars using sign with student's ID number. Students will meet parents at cones 1 - 7. Once a flight is loaded it will be dismissed to take a RIGHT hand turn only to exit.
- Buses will be dismissed based on bus arrival to campus.
The Collins Café
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.