Career Center Weekly Update
The University of Georgia Career Center
- Fall Career Fair
- Intern for a Day
- Deloitte Mock Case Interview Day
- UGA Job Chat
- Dream Week @ UGA
- Arch Ready Programming Series
- Kinesiology Meetups
- Education Alumni Panel Discussion
- Kaplan On-Campus Practice Tests
- UGA Law School Fair
- Internships, Part-Time Jobs & Full-Time Jobs
- Atlanta Falcons Sports & Entertainment Career Expo
- Government & Nonprofit
Career Center Events
Intern For A Day
The Career Center partners with employers in Atlanta and Athens to provide a job shadow opportunity to match your career interest. This extremely popular and competitive program allows students who participate to build their resume, explore a career, and network with professionals.
You must RSVP to attend an orientation session in order to apply to the program at http://career.uga.edu/job_search/internships/intern_for_a_day_application
Deloitte Mock Case Interview Day
Friday, Sept. 26th
Russell Special Collections Library (Rooms 271 & 285)
Networking Session & Case Interview Workshop (8:30-11:45am)
Networking Session (8:30 - 9:30am)
Deloitte Information Session (9:30 - 10:30am)
Business Case Study Workshop (10:45 -11:45am) - Hear advice for approaching a business case, how to formulate appropriate answers, & other tips for cracking a case interview.
Mock Case Interviews (1:00-4:00pm)
Come practice & experience a real case interview with consultants from Deloitte. To be considered for an interview, you must apply on DAWGlink by Sept. 17 at 11:59pm (search for “Deloitte mock interviews”). For more information, please visit the Career Center website (look under upcoming events).
Kaplan On-Campus Practice Tests
Kaplan has scheduled some on campus practice tests this fall semester. The GRE and LSAT will be given on Saturday, October 18th. The MCAT, DAT, OAT, and PCAT will be given on Saturday, October 25th. Students can sign up using the below link.
Jobs and Internships
(This is just a few of the 450+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #55268, Software Engineering Internship
Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA
DAWGLink #54845, Social Media & Interactive Intern
GA Dept of Economics Development, Atlanta, GA
DAWGLink #52594, Spring 2015 U.S. Embassy London Commercial Service Internship
(This is just a few of the 890+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #55172, General Manager
Waffle House Inc., Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, GA
DAWGLink #55336, Digital Sales Manager
Meredith Corporation: CBSAtlanta, Atlanta, GA
DAWGLink #54061, District Manager
Aldi Foods, GA, NC, SC
Part-Time Job Opportunities
(This is just a few of the 130+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #55991, Sales Associate Position
Athens Interiors Market, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #55591, Graphic Design/Web Developer
UGA-Development & Alumni Relations, Athens, GA
DAWGLink #55738, Student Worker
UGA-Career Center, Athens, GA
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
Check out Go Government for information about federal jobs, internships, and government resources.
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF CAREERCENTERUPDATE * Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.