How To Make Utilities More Eco-Friendly
Utilities are the main systems used through out a house such as electricity, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, garage.
- Wind can be harnessed by turbines into electricity
- most turbines are clustered together and are sited in suitable areas
- houses would have to be located near sites like these but would not have to have extra attachments like a solar powered house would
- electricity can be generated from waves by many different types of machines built over the years
- since 70% of earth is covered by water it would make sense to take advantage of it in a positive way that does not harm the environment
- a house using this type of electricity would have to live near a coast.
- geothermal energy comes from hot rocks deep underground
- natural steam is collected by cracks in the earth or water is pumped down and heated by the rocks to make steam
- this means a house not only has green electricity but also green hot water
Energy 101: Geothermal Energy