Negatives of teen pregnancy
- Nearly three in 10 girls in the U.S. get pregnant before age 20. That's about 733,000 teen pregnancies each year or 2,000 every day.
- Parenthood is a leading reason why teen girls drop out of school. Less than 40% of girls who have a child before age 18 graduate from high school and less than 2% earn college degrees by age 30.
- Nearly two of three teen mothers receive some type of public assistance (food stamps, TANF, Medicaid,WIC, etc.) within the first year after the child is born
- Teen childbearing cost U.S. taxpayers more than $9 billion each year
- Eight out of 10 fathers don't marry the teen mothers of their child and most couples don't stay together at all.
- Teenage mothers may suffer from an emotional crisis is she becomes pregnant and doesn't want the baby it may lead to behavior such as attempting self- abortion or suicide.
- Teen mothers don't keep their friends that they used to have because they can't go out like the used to.
- Teen mothers usually or most likely suffee from anxiety,low self-esteem and loneliness.
- 1.1 million American teen-age girls who get pregnant each year,less than 2% out their babies up for adoption.
- 58% of single parents struggle to raise their child alone others get help from family or the government.
Shocking Confessions Of Teen Mothers