Carver Middle School Newsletter
February 10, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
We had an action packed week capped off with the PTA student dance Friday afternoon. Thank you very much to our PTA for hosting this event and for all of their support of our school! It was a pleasure meeting so many future students, parents and community members as we greeted our rising 6th graders during our concert and the Open House Thursday evening. Thank you to the school counseling team and all the teachers who were present to answer questions and support this event.
We have another exciting week ahead of as we celebrate spirit week. I also look forward to meeting you Wednesday at 5:30 pm in the library for our first Principal's meet and greet. Please see below for key updates for this week and the remainder of the month.
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Carver Orchestra Students
Carver orchestra students greeted our rising 6th grade students during a concert this week
Carver Orchestra Students in Action
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
Carver Spirit Week- Monday 2/11/19- Friday 2/15/19
Tuesday- Twin Day
Wednesday- Wacky Wednesday
Thursday- Throwback Thursday
Friday- Red Out
February 12- CTE Open House at L.C. Bird High School 6:00 -7:30 pm
February 13 - Principal's Meet and Greet 5:30-7:00 pm in school library (*This is a change)
February 15 - Three Hour Student Early Release
February 18 - President's Day- No School
February 19 - Spring Sports Tryouts
February 19 - Principal's Meet & Greet 5:30-6:00; PTA Meeting 6:15. Both events in the library.
February 25 - Spring School Photos
- 8th grade students are encouraged to attend the CTE Open House at LC Bird High School on February 12, 2019. https://sites.google.com/ccpsnet.net/lcbirdcte
- CCPS STEAM EXPO 2019- March 16 at CTC HULL 7:30-12:30- A new school challenge was added this year. In the school challenge, school groups made of students, family members, and teachers will be given a unique challenge to build from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm. Schools are invited to bring unique recyclable materials to be used in this event. If you have any questions concerning STEAM EXPO, please contact your student's science teacher.
Carver Cougar Athletics- Spring Sports Update
- Thomas Dale JV baseball tryouts for 8th grade boys begin on Tuesday, Feb. 19 on the baseball field at 3:00.
- Any girls or boys interested in participating in track, tryouts will be held on February 19th after school till 4:00pm. All those interested must have a doctor signed VHSL physical and concussion form on file. See Ms. Daniels or Mr. Dugger for more information. Interest meetings are forthcoming.
- Girls soccer tryouts will be held on February 19th. All those interested must have a doctor signed VHSL physical and concussion form on file. See Ms. Wells, Ms. Hinton, or Ms. Green for more information. Interest meetings are forthcoming.
Carver student and mom celebrate at the Promote Respect Awards Reception
Welcome Future Cougars!
Dr. McLaurin & Promote Respect Award Recipients
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.
- Carver mornings are postponed until further notice.