One of the deadliest viruses to ever exist!
What is it?
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome illness, this is caused by a coronaviruses called SARS- associated coronaviruses (SARS-CoV)
- Sars was first reported in Asia in February of 2003, over the next months the illness started to spread to other countries including, North America, South America, Europe and Asia
- There are different kinds of coronaviruses, some of which cause the common cold
- The SARS coronaviruses was a new variant, this have may have transmitted humans from animals
- People who think they have SARS should repeat to a health care provider immediately. If you are suspected of SARS you must be isolated in the hospital.
- Antibiotics to treat bacteria that causes pneumonia
- High dosage of steroids to reduce the swelling of the lungs
- Oxygen, breathing support, (ventilator)
- Avoid going to places that have SARS outbreak. If possible, avoid direct contact with a person who has SARS until ten days when fever, and other symptoms are gone.
- Wash your hands frequently or clean them with alcohol based hand sanitizers
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Refrain from sharing food, drinks, utensils