City Schools CONNECT 12.13.22
December 13, 2022
December 13, 2022
- Latest News
- A message from Dr. Santelises
- Great news!
- Board meeting announcement
- Under Armour Athlete of the Month
- School Choice applications
- Holiday performances at North Avenue
- Ribbon-cuttings for two new school buildings
- Budget feedback sessions
- Pregnant and Parenting Resource Fair
- Flu, COVID, and RSV
- Progress Report
- City news and more
- Junior Achievement 18 Under 18
- YouthWorks applications
- Upcoming Events and Dates
There are great things happening in City Schools every day!
Public Board meetings
ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to technical issues with the equipment used for streaming the board meetings, the Board's regular public meetings will be held virtually until further notice. Learn more on how to join and upcoming meetings on our website: https://www.baltimorecityschools.org/board-meetings
Under Armour Student-Athletes of December
Middle and High School Choice Application
The Middle and High School Choice application is now available to complete on Campus Portal. If your student needs assistance using Campus Portal, please contact your student's School Choice Liaison at their school.
The School Choice applications are due on January 20, so don't wait. Fill out the application today!
You can also learn more about Middle and High School options, get additional information about the School Choice process, and watch informational videos at our Virtual Choice Fair.
And if you didn't get to join us for the Choice Fair, check out the recap video from the Student Media Team!
Ribbon-cuttings for two new school buildings
We are so excited to celebrate the opening of two new school buildings for Highlandtown Elementary/Middle School #237 and Montebello Elementary/Middle School! Join us for ribbon-cutting ceremonies for each of these schools next week:
Budget feedback sessions
Planning for the 2023-24 school year budget is underway. The first step in the process is to hear from families about what you value and what you want to see at your schools.
Join district leadership to share your thoughts about what we should invest in for next year at an upcoming meeting. The virtual meeting scheduled for December 15 at 6:30 p.m. will have a focus on families and community partners. Please click HERE for more information. We will also hold a virtual Youth Priority Engagement Session on December 14 at 2:30 p.m.
Every school will host Priority Engagement Sessions to gather input about the school's priorities as the school leader works on developing their budget for next year. A list of school-based Priority Engagement Sessions can be found here.
Pregnant and Parenting Resource Fair
Join the City Schools Re-Engagement Center for "Pregnant and Parenting" a student resource fair for expecting parents on Friday, December 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Excel Academy (1001 Saratoga Street, Baltimore, MD 21223). This event is open to all City Schools students that are expecting parents.
Flu, COVID, and RSV
As we head into the winter months, City Schools wants to remind all families to take precautions against sicknesses like Flu, COVID and RSV. We want to keep our schools and families safe and healthy, so please continue to wash your hands diligently, stay up to date with all vaccines and immunizations, and avoid close contact with any sick family members and friends. For more ways you can protect your family, please visit baltimorecityschools.org/safety-procedures
City news and more
Junior Achievement 18 Under 18
Do you know a student who stands out as a leader or change-maker in their community?
Nominate them for Junior Achievement's upcoming 18 Under 18 class! Winners will be featured in the May 2023 issue of Baltimore magazine and acknowledged at an event on May 10, 2023.
Nominations close December 16, 2022 and can be submitted HERE
- 13: Public Board Meeting - 5 p.m. (Watch HERE)
- 13: Lillie May Carroll Jackson Charter School Open House - 5 p.m.
- 13: Francis Scott Key Elementary/ Middle School Open House - 7 p.m.
- 14: Early release day
- 14: Reginald F. Lewis High School Open House - 8:30 a.m.
- 14: Highlandtown Elementary/ Middle School Ribbon Cutting - 2:30 p.m.
- 14: Budget forum (Youth) - 2:30 p.m.
- 14: Budget forum (General session focused on staff) - 5:30 p.m.
- 15: Hampden Elementary/ Middle School Open House - 7:45 a.m.
- 15: Digital Harbor High School Open House - 4:30 p.m.
- 15: Montebello Elementary/Middle School Open House - 4:30 p.m.
- 15: Dr. Nathan A. Pitts- Ashburton Open House - 5 p.m.
- 15: Green Street Academy Open House - 5 p.m.
- 15: The Mount Washington School Open House - 5 p.m.
- 15: Budget forum (General session focused on families) - 5:30 p.m.
- 15: Baltimore City College High School Open House - 6 p.m.
- 15: Baltimore Leadership School for Young Women Open House - 6 p.m.
- 15: City Neighbors High School Open House - 6 p.m.
- 15: PCAB District Budget Priorities meeting - 6:30 p.m.
- 20: Operations Committee Meeting - 10:30 a.m.
- 20: Policy Committee Meeting - 3:30 p.m.
- 21: Budget forum (for multilingual families) - 4:30 p.m.
- 23: Winter break: Schools and offices closed
Find more information for...
Complaints/ Concerns: 410-545-1870
Special Education Parent Response Unit: 443-984-1561