The Lion's Share
January 8, 2018
Message from the Principal:
We recently wrapped up our First Annual "Helping Hands," fundraiser here at school. Thanks to our generous community, we were able to raise over $500 to help Settler's Point families that are in need during the holiday season (picture below will give a small glimpse at how many "hands" were donated).
As another year comes to a close, I think it's natural to do a lot of reflecting. 2017 was an incredible year here at Settler's Point and I feel very fortunate to be working alongside such an amazing group of teachers, parents, and students.
We hope you enjoyed the extra time with your children during the last two weeks. From all of us at Settler's Point, we wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2018!
First Annual Evening of the Arts
Friday, Jan. 19th, 5-8pm
423 East Settlers Point Drive
This event will celebrate the fine arts programs that we have here at Settler's Point. Every student on campus will have a piece of art displayed on campus, multiple grades will have performances, and dinner will be available for purchase from Florindino's Italian Restaurant. More information will come out shortly after break, but mark this date on your calendar.
- Monday, January 8: School resumes
- Tuesday, January 9: Battle of the Books
- Wednesday, January 10: 2:15 Release; Report Cards sent home
- Thursday, January 11: PTSO meeting @ 3:30 in the library
- Friday, January 12: Fun Run @ 8:25; 3, 4, 5 grade students to Carmen Agra Deedy author visit at Gilbert High School
- Monday, January 15: No School- MLK Day
- Wednesday, January 17: 2:15 Release
- Friday, January 19: First Annual Evening of the Arts @ 5:00-8:00
Field Day Fun!!
Learning Reading Strategies
Learning to Read Music
Taking Learning on the Road with Field Trips!
Use this link to apply for "Free or Reduced Lunch," check breakfast/lunch menus, or find instructions on how to load money to your student's account.