Students, Illness and Masking
KFL&A Public Health continues to encourage people to mask in indoor, congregate settings like schools. We continue to work very closely with KFL&A Public Health as it relates to health and safety, and absences due to illness. KFL&A Public Health has created a helpful resource for school and childcare screening for families to use. If COVID-19 protocols change, they will be communicated directly with families and updated on Limestone’s COVID-19 Protocol Update webpage.
January Hot Lunches
January 18 - chicken vegetable pie & compote
January 25 - tacos
MPS Parent Council Meeting
@ Marysville P.S.
All are welcome to attend. Childcare will be available.
If you haven't already, please take a moment to check to see if your child's skates fit properly or need sharpening. The school has a few skate sizes available, as well as helmets. Please reach out if needed. Helmets are mandatory when skating with the school.
Parents are welcome to join us. Extra hands to help tie skates is always appreciated!
Bell Let's Talk
Bell Let's Talk promotes mental health awareness, acceptance and action.
A prominent part of the initiative "Bell Let's Talk Day" is the annual one-day campaign where money is donated to mental health funds based on the number of social media and communication interactions that include the branded hashtag, #BellLetsTalk
Sign up for School-Day Permissions & Payments!
We are excited to offer our families a new secure portal to complete permissions and payments online. With School-Day: Permissions & Payments, you will be able to complete permission forms and payments from any web browser using your SmartPhone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
Through this new online portal, you will be able to pay for items such as:
· Field trips
· Sporting events
· Hot lunch (where applicable)
The new easy-to-use portal will remove the risks associated with sending money to school with students, the frustration of lost or missing permission forms, and significantly reduce the amount of paper our school consumes.
Look for the School-Day Introduction Letter coming home with your child. Use the instructions in it to sign up for a School-Day account at www.school-day.com and connect to your child’s events and activities.
With your support, we look forward to a successful implementation of this practical application!
School Picture Orders
You Can Still Order This Year's School Pictures!
on your order of $29.99+
PA Day - February 3
Free Nutrition and Food Literacy Workshops
KFL&A Public Health is offering a series of nutrition and food literacy workshops available for free to all Limestone students, staff, and families. Register online at kflaph.ca/FamilyMeals
Let’s learn together and explore ways to support the physical and mental health of our children and youth. Workshops will be brought to you by the School Health Team at KFL&A Public Health, developed and presented by a registered dietitian and a registered nurse.
Session 2: Body Image and Social Media Literacy
February 8, 2023; 6 to 7 p.m.
This session will focus on ways in which media messages shape our perceptions of reality, how they can negatively affect body image, and strategies to use social media in ways that can be both positive and health promoting.
Session 3: Sports Nutrition for Youth
April 19, 2023; 6 to 7 p.m.
Frontenac Secondary School (library)
We will discuss the ways in which parents can support their youth in making informed choices around good nutrition and hydration for sports performance.
Each workshop will include a:
- 45-minute presentation
- 15-minute Q&A with registered dietitian and a registered nurse
- Recording of presentation*
*Also available for families unable to attend
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Virtual Tutoring Resources
January 9 – March 30
Monday – Thursday 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
As part of the Ministry of Education Tutoring Grant, LDSB is extending an afterschool drop-in Virtual Tutoring Program through the winter months for Limestone students in Grades 1 to 10.
Grade 1 to 6 - Build literacy and/or math skills. 3 tutors per night. (20 min sessions)
Grade 7 to 10 - Math skills and support. 3 tutors per night. (30 min sessions)
Grade 7 to 10 – Homework help. 2 tutors per night. (30 min sessions)
- Student must be logged in to MS Teams using their Limestone account.
- Click on link for age group and subject support. (links below)
- Sessions are on a first-come, first-served model.
- Wait in virtual lobby until tutor invites student into the session.
Grade 1-6 Literacy Link 1
Grade 1-6 Literacy Link 2
Grade 1-6 Literacy Link 3
Grade 1-6 Math Link 1
Grade 1-6 Math Link 2
Grade 1-6 Math Link 3
Grade 7-10 Math Link 1
Grade 7-10 Math Link 2
Grade 7-10 Math Link 3
Grade 7-10 HW Link 2
See below for Guidelines.
- The student must be logged in to MS Teams using their Limestone account. The student’s camera and microphone should be on so that the student and tutor can communicate effectively.
- The student should have the materials they need with them (e.g., students should have their homework assignment). The student should try to set up in an area in the home with minimal distractions for the tutoring
- If a tutor is already working with a student, subsequent students will be placed in the lobby of the meeting and then be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis once the tutoring session for the previous student is completed. Tutoring sessions for Grades 1-6 will be about 20 minutes long and may be extended, if no other students are waiting. For Grades 7-10 sessions will start at 30 minutes and may be extended if no students are waiting.
- No tutoring on PA Days or Holidays.
Online Tutoring and Learning Resources
Several tutoring and learning resources are available online to support students and families, including:
- Ministry of Education Learn at Home
- Ministry of Education Curriculum and Resources for Parents
- TVO Learn at Home Resources (English) - Over 2,100 curriculum-aligned, grade, and subject-specific learning activities from Kindergarten to Grade 8 (including for the new Science and Technology curriculum) and Grade 9 to 12 searchable high school content for over 140 secondary school courses.
- TFO IDÉLLO, apprendre à la maison (French)
- TVO Mathify - Free 1:1 Grade 4 to 11 Math Tutoring with Ontario Certified Teachers. Available Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sundays 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Students/families can sign up, select a tutor, and start immediately.
Technology Support for Virtual School/Remote Learning
If you require technology support, please visit our Virtual School / Remote Learning Technology Support webpage.
Additional resources to support virtual learning options: