Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
Week of: March 16-20, 2015
"March is Reading Month" continues with our reading of "The One and Only Ivan". Thank you soo much to all the families for supporting this wonderful project! The kids have been so engaged with the story, and having done their assigned reading is a huge part of that! We've been busy doing a design challenge, watching videos, taking quizzes, and creating Ivan projects with our buddies! If you take a photo of your family reading Ivan together, please email it to Mrs. Goodwin for our display @: email@example.com
This week's reading assignments:
- Student-Led Conferences are coming up next week, the evening of March 25th and all day/evening, on March 26th. Please see the bottom of this newsletter for the link to Sign-Up Genius, where you can choose the time slot that works best for your family.
Hawaiian Day is on Friday, March 20th. Students are encouraged to wear their Hawaiian clothes!
Report cards will be sent home on Friday. Please remember that the report card is yours to keep, but we ask that you sign the envelope and return it to school. This way, we can recycle the envelopes for the final report card, and know that you received your child's report card. Thanks!
- Bloggers: One post and 3 comments are due by Mon., March 23rd.
- 15&5ers: journals are due Wed., Mar. 18th.
- Our spelling test this week is on Fri., 3/13 (the er/or list).
- Just a reminder that there is NO school on Thursday, March 26th due to student-led conferences.
- Looking ahead, our new state testing, M-STEP, begins next month. It requires that our students be tested on 2 classroom activities. It is mandatory that these classroom activities take place on April 24th, and May 6th. As you are making dr./dentist appointments, and travel plans, please plan to have your child at school on both of these days. Thank you!