North Cook ISC
November 2020 News Chat
NCISC Staff Operating Remotely Through December 4
AT THIS TIME, APPOINTMENTS MUST BE MADE IN ADVANCE TO MEET WITH STAFF. For the health and safety of everyone, walk-ins will not be permitted until further notice. Please call 847-824-8300 before coming to our office. We appreciate your patience.
If you call and are unable to speak to an individual, leave a message or send an email. You will receive a response in a timely manner. For information pertaining to specific departments at North Cook, please check our website at https://www.ncisc.org/NCISC for details.
We will continue to do our part to help control the spread of COVID-19 while being of assistance to each of you. Thank you for your understanding.
A Message from Dr. Kevin Jauch
During this most unorthodox season of gratitude, it’s even more important than ever for us to step back and recognize those things that we do have to be thankful for. For me, my children are healthy and my wife and I are both fortunate to be employed in the essential business of education.
I’m grateful for my staff who are professional, flexible and creative enough to pivot from onsite work to working from home without skipping a beat. I would be remiss if I didn’t send much appreciation to my Assistant Superintendent, April Jordan, who has essentially taken our entire catalog of professional development opportunities and adapted them to a virtual platform, while also greatly adding to our vast array of offerings. Check them out!
And, of course, I am thankful for ALL North Cook educators who have risen to the many challenges of instruction and learning this year. Thank you for your perseverance, flexibility, and patience.
Be safe and be well!
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving no matter who you are able to gather with.
P.S. Please forgive the selfie. There’s no one here to take my picture this month!
email@example.com / 847.824.8300
Professional Development @ North Cook ISC - A Great Value for Your Money!
- Katie Muhtaris, an Instructional Digital Age Learning Coach who supports teachers and students in the areas of literacy, humanities, and technology, will speak to our Curriculum & Instruction and Student Services networking groups on December 2. She also co-authored several books: Read the World: Rethinking Literacy for Empathy and Action in a Digital Age, Amplify: Digital Teaching and Learning in the K-6 Classroom, and Connecting Comprehension and Technology.
- Dr. Doug Reeves is the author of more than 40 books and 100 articles on educational leadership and student achievement. His latest book, Challenging Conversations About Race, is projected to be published in 2021. Dr. Reeves is facilitating our four-part November series entitled Moving Beyond Conversations About Race and will also lead another four-part series 100 Day Leaders for North Cook educators in February 2021 based on his book 100 Day Leaders: Turning Short-Term Wins Into Long-Term Success in Schools.
- Devorah Heitner, author of Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive and Survive in Their Digital World, addressed Technology Directors and Instructional Tech Coaches during a virtual networking meeting held on November 16 at North Cook.
- Shelley Taylor is the Executive Director of Consortium for Educational Change (CEC) and a National Board Certified Teacher. She will speak with our Student Services group about special needs learners at our November 30 networking session.
- Dr. Mark Blitz, WIDA addressed Curriculum & Instruction and Student Services leaders on the new WIDA School Improvement System and Comprehensive Assessment of Leadership for Learning (CALL) in October.
Administrator Academies (virtual through December 2020)
- School Security: A Proactive and Holistic Approach - December 3
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Act: Advanced Training - December 3
- Proactively Dealing With Difficult Conversations: Bringing Out the Best in People at Their Worst - December 4
- Leading the Education for English Learners - December 14
- Recognizing Best Practice in Writing Instruction - December 15
Remember: We can also bring an Administrator Academy to your team, virtually or in-person with proper Covid safety protocols. Contact Dr. April Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.803.5604 to schedule a session.
Virtual Educator Workshops
March 5, 2021