November 8, 2018
Enchanted Book Fair
Submitted by Mrs. Kehan
The Scholastic Fall Book Fair was a huge success thanks to our parent volunteers. A special thank you goes to Mrs. Dunn, Mrs. Michvech, Mrs. Poon, and Mrs. Posnan for organizing the fair. Many happy readers could be found throughout the week. Our teachers love adding to their classroom libraries too.
Student Council Spirit Days!
Student Council Operation Shoebox
Student council will again be sponsoring Operation Shoebox at Warwick. Operation Shoebox is a chance to spread joy to needy children around the world. These children typically do not have running water and/or much food to eat, so the delivery of a special package from America filled with small toys or kid-things can really put a smile on a child’s face around the holidays. If you would like to participate in this great project that makes us think about children who have needs in other parts of the world, please consider bringing in an item assigned to your grade:
- Kindergarten & 1st grade – small simple toys – Yoyos, jump ropes, balls, toy cars, harmonicas, light-up toys with batteries etc. (must fit in shoe-box)
- 2nd & 3rd grade - School or art supplies- pens, pencils, sharpeners, crayons, markers, note pads, coloring books and picture books, clay, solar calculators
- 4th & 5th grade - Accessories- socks, sunglasses, hair clips, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, combs, flashlights (with extra batteries) and so on
- 6th grade – books, magazines, stuffed animals, or any of above.
Do not include used items, war-related items (guns, military figures, etc), food, liquids or lotions, anything breakable.
All items are due by Wednesday, November 15th. We will be packing the boxes that afternoon after school (6th graders will be assisting). Thank you for supporting our project!
Celebrate Education Week
Celebrate Education Visitation Schedule
School Visits and Security
Please enroll each of your students in My Payments Plus, the CBSD online payment program. For instructions, please see the attachment below.
Late Arrival to School
Changes to Your Dismissal Plans
If it is necessary to change your normal pick-up routine at the end of the day, i.e., a different adult, bus rather than car, car rather than bus, a change in child care arrangements, etc., a written note must be presented to the classroom teacher, who will share the information with the office.
Any phone calls regarding a change in end-of-day plans must be directed to the office before 3:00 PM through a phone call (267-893-4055) or via e-mail and not directly to the classroom teacher, as teachers are engaged with students' learning and will not be able to check their email during the instructional day.
Parent Positive: Strengthening Family When Faced with
Thursday, Nov. 8th, 7-9pm
313 West State Street
Young Engineers' Night
Thursday, Nov. 15th, 6-8pm
2804 Holicong Road
PTO Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
Wednesday, Nov. 14th, 4-8pm
45 Street Road
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: A Letter from our President and PTO Web Page
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.