Weekly Tiger News
Emerson Elementary Communication - May 5, 2022
I could not be happier to announce that Mrs. Alice Dailey will be the assistant principal for Central-Emerson next year. Currently Mrs. Dailey is serving as a 6th grade teacher and principal intern at the Emerson Campus. She brings with her a great deal of leadership experience in supporting student learning, special education and working with Central-Emerson families.
Congratulations Mrs. Dailey, I look forward to partnering with you with all our wonderful Central-Emerson students, staff and community members. We are so lucky to have you leading, learning, listening and growing with all of us.
We are getting excited about our upcoming Science Fair Night on May 26! Students are learning about the scientific process while conducting classroom experiments. They were given packets to support them in creating their own projects which will be displayed on boards provided by the school. We are happy to support students at school with projects if needed.
Smarter Balanced testing will continue next week in math and English language arts. Our scheduled assessments are attached below and we appreciate all that you do to help your child come rested and ready to do their personal best and show all they know.
Emerson Elementary School
Music Concerts May 17 & June 2
Music concerts at Emerson ARE happening this year in the Emerson gym! Attendance for students at their grade level concert is REQUIRED, so please put this on your calendar. Each concert will feature singing, instrument playing, body percussion, and a famous composer we learned about this year! See you there!
Tuesday, May 17
3rd Grade: 6:00 p.m.
4th Grade: 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 2
5th Grade: 6:00 p.m.
6th Grade: 7:00 p.m.
If your child is not able to attend, please send Mr. Beal an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10-11 SBA English Language Arts
13 - 6th Grade Field Trip/Cedar Springs
16-19 SBA English Language Arts
16 - PTA Meeting, 6:30 p.m., via Zoom
17 - 3rd Gr. Concert - 6:00 p.m., 4th Gr. Concert - 7:00 p.m.
26 - Celebration of Learning/Science Fair 6:30 p.m.
31 - Memorial Day Holiday/No School
1 - 2nd Graders Visit Emerson, 2nd Grade Parent Night 6:30 p.m.
2 - 5th Gr. Concert - 6:00 p.m., 6th Gr. Concert - 7:00 p.m.
15 - Field Day
16 - 6th Gr. Recognition, 9:00 a.m.
20 - Last Day of School, Dismissal at 11:45
Moving? Changing Schools?
If you have moved or are moving out of the Central/Emerson service area this summer and know for certain that your child(ren) will not be attending Central Primary or Emerson Elementary next fall, please return the attached form below to school as soon as possible. This helps us with class assignments for 2022-23.
If you are currently attending Central/Emerson on a variance, please return the paperwork for the 2022-23 school year as soon as possible. Variances are already being processed for next school year.
Central Emerson PTA
PTA Meeting May 16, 6:30 p.m. via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 831 7692 8317
Read for Adventure: The Read for Adventure vouchers have been sent out participant's emails. Parents should look for an email from email@example.com. Thank you to all the readers who participated.
PTA Election: The PTA Election will be held later this month. All FOUR PTA spots will be open for nomination during our elections for the next School Year 2022-2023. The PTA Board would love fresh faces and ideas. Be a part of your child’s school and volunteer. If you have any questions please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org. All current PTA members will receive a nomination form to submit back.
Be sure to look at our FB page for all news at Central-Emerson PTA.
Click here for Central Emerson PTA on Facebook.
If you have any questions – please contact email@example.com.
Click here to be directed to Snap Dog to order Central Emerson Spirit Gear.
Once Upon A Mattress - Snohomish High School
Snohomish High School student theatre presents Once Upon A Mattress. The kingdom is under a curse! Queen Aggravain has decreed that no one shall be able to wed until her sweet, beautiful, special boy, Prince Dauntless, gets married. The problem is, no potential princess can pass the queen’s eligibility test. But maybe the unconventional Princess Winnifred can beat the test and undo the curse. Based loosely on the fairy tale, “The Princess and the Pea,” this family-friendly musical has been delighting audiences for over 60 years!
Performances will be held May 6, May 7, May 13, May 14, May 20, and May 21 at Snohomish High School (1316 Fifth Street in Snohomish). Evening performances each day at 7 p.m., Saturday matinees at 1 p.m. Tickets are $15/adults and $10 student/senior citizens (over 65)/military. Tickets are available for purchase at showtix4u.com/events/shstheatre or at the door with cash only.
This musical has a recommended age rating of PG for mild sexual humor and alcohol.
2022-2023 School Year Calendar Dates
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
Visit www.sno.wednet.edu/calendars for additional information regarding district and school events and activities.
Click here to complete transportation form for 2022-23 school year.
New Students - Register for the 2022-2023 School Year
Summer Swim Lessons - Register Today
District Approved Community Flyers
- Annual Plant Sale - Snohomish High School
- Charity Art Auction Sponsored by Snohomish High School Art Honor Society for Cocoon House
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Foreign Language for Youth Online Spanish, French, Japanese and Mandarin Classes
- Free STEM K-8 Series - Meeting Boeing Professionals
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- iFly - Spanish French Japanese and Mandarin
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- LEGO Ninjas and LEGO Architecture at Totem Falls Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Let Me Run at Seattle Hill Elementary
- Once Upon a Mattress - Presented by Snohomish High School student theatre
- Panther Tennis Camp - June 7-9
- Reflections School of Dance
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish Student Mountain Biking Team
- Snohomish Youth Volleyball
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids
- Teen Love and Dating Information from Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
Monday - Thursday 8:35 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Early Dismissal every Friday 8:35 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Main Number: 360-563-7150
Attendance Line: 360-563-7156
Attendance email: EM-Attendance@sno.wednet.edu
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.