Technology Tips & Tricks
by Michelle Erickson, Library Media Specialist
September 28, 2015
This week's topic: Google Calendar
With more staff moving to using Google Calendar I seem to have a very long list to sift through so I thought I would share some ways to find the calendar you need and turn off the ones you do not need.
To find a calendar:
- You may have been sent an email. Click on the link in the email and the calendar will be automatically added for you to view. These new calendars will show up on the bottom left side of your screen under "Other Calendars". The top left are calendars you have created.
- You can search for a Public Calendar. The search bar under "Other Calendars" allows you to search for the calendar by email address or you can use the gray arrow and search "Brows for Interesting Calendars" to find a calendar by name. GBAPS Calendars are listed under the "More" tab at the top and then selecting "Resources for GBAPS.org" Use the two-letter school code to find the correct calendar.
To hide a calendar:
So now that you have all the calendars you need, sometimes it may be overwhelming. To look at just one or two calendars click on the calendar name that you don't want to see. Those appointments will turn off. To turn them back on click the calendar name again.
Now that you have more than one calendar it is important to add your appointments to the correct calendar.
- Click on the calendar in the time slot you would like
- Add in a name for your event
- Select the correct calendar from the drop down menu
- If you would like to change the appointment time, have the appointment happen more than once, or invite someone, just select edit and more options appear.
- Click SAVE when you have entered all the event information.
Britannica Image Quest
- Click on the yellow frog,
- Use the keyword search to search for your image.