GMS STEM News
April 08, 2016 - Vol. 61
Spring Fever is Going Around!
We need your help to plan for GMS STEM Academy 2016!
As we add 8th grade to our STEM Academy at GMS, it is important that Administration knows if your student will continue at GMS STEM Academy next year. This is especially important as we place additional students into this program. Please take a minute to answer the follow survey to help us determine the needs for next year. Please fill out the survey by the end of this week. Thank you!
We recommend taking Credit by Exam ...
Upcoming STAAR Test Dates:
Monday, May 9th: 6th Grade Math
Tuesday, May 10th: 6th Grade and 7th Grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11th: 8th Grade Science (7th Grade STEM Students)
This summer, consider an Engineering and/or Computer Science camp.
- Girlgeneering - www.uta.edu/engineering/girlscamps
- Entry to Engineering Camp - www.uta.edu/engineering/summercamps
- Tex PREP (Texas Prefreshman Engineering Programs) - www.uta.edu/engineering/community/summer?TexPREP.php
It's Never Too Late To Be a Booster!
To see what our booster club is up to and to get more information on membership and volunteer opportunities, please go tohttps://www.facebook.com/groups/GMSSTEMBoosterClub/
Let's Keep in Touch!
To receive important information and announcements, sign up with your STEM Academy Classrooms using "Remind".
For 6th grade, TEXT to 81010:
- @gmsstem6 (GMS STEM 6th grade)
- @stem6thg (GMS STEM 6th grade ELA)
- @SciSTEM (GMS STEM 6th grade Accelerated Science)
- @6mathstem (GMS STEM 6th grade Accelerated Math)
For 7th grade, TEXT to 81010:
- @trimgms (GMS STEM 7th grade ELA)
- @channo (GMS STEM 7th grade Social Studies)
- @gms7stemm (GMS STEM 7th grade Accelerated Math)
- @7stemsci (GMS STEM 7th grade Accelerated Science)