DEBORAH SAMPSON THE MEANING OF LIFE
VOTE FOR DEBORAH SAMPSON AS MOST VALUABLE WOMAN!
Fought in the Revolutionary War, disguised as a man. And no one found out!
After the war, she became a teacher and told her students about her journey as a man.
REVOLUTIONARY WAR VETERAN
Given a pension ($4 a month) for her service as a soldier, and announced a veteran of the Revolutionary War.
- Dressed as a man, and fought in the Revolutionary War
- Was wounded in the head and upper thigh
- Would not let the doctor fix her leg only her head thinking they would find out her identity
- Later was told to protect the congress members, but got ill with a head fever
- A doctor unwrapped a 'wound' on her chest only to find out that 'he' was a she
- Deborah was taken to the doctor's home so no one would find out her identity
- After being fixed up, was honorably given a discharge from the service