Create to Learn
How do makerspaces benefit students and their learning?
- Allow students to take control of their own learning
- Provide a hands-on way to incorporate STEAM concepts into the curriculum
- Encourage the development of 21st-century skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and innovation
Why should makerspaces be in a library?
Makerspaces provide tools and space in a community environment, and in schools, the library is that community environment.
Libraries and makerspaces
- Are sites of informal learning
- Are inherently interdisciplinary spaces
- Provide equitable access to materials and resources
- Serve the common goal of building community