- They have white bellies with a black back and wings
- Their colors are thought to hide them from predators in the sea
- chicks have gray fur instead of being black and white
How are they born? How does the mother care for it’s young?
Penguins are hatched from eggs
The chick very attentive parents for survival.
- The parents have a brood patch that is used to keep the chick warm.
Adult penguins eat krill,fish,and squid
For penguin chicks the mother or father has to get them food.
After getting the fish they must recognize their child first.
- Penguin chicks eat regurgitated food.
Where does it live? What are some habits?
All penguins give birth on land or sea ice
They spend 75%of their life in water
Penguins are social birds
- They catch and swallow their prey whole.
Enemies And Penguins defense:
Leopard Seals and Killer Whales are enemies of penguins.
They use their swimming ability to defend themselves
- They can make sharp turns and swim fast.