Youngblood Staff News
Follow Us on Twitter and Facebook for the Latest News!
- April 19th- Staff/Student Holiday
- April 27th Youngblood Health and Wellness Fair 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- April 29th- STEM Parent Meeting incoming 5th and 6th graders 6:00 pm
- May 1st- Drama Production 6:00 pm
- May 2nd- Choir Concert 2:30 pm
- May 2nd- Progress Reports Go Home
- May 7th- 5th and 6th Grade Orchestra Concert 6:30 pm
- May 8th- Principal's Coffee with Ms. Sandles
- May 8th- Incoming 5th grade orientation night 6:00-7:00 pm
- May 9th- 5th and 6th grade Band Concert 6:30 pm
- May 10th- Field Day
- May 13th- Instrument Drive 5:30-7:30 pm
- May 13th- 6th grade Math STAAR Test\ 5th grade Math STAAR Retest
- May 14th- 6th grade Reading STAAR Test\ 5th grade Reading STAAR Retest
- May 14th- Instrument Drive 5:30-7:30 pm
- May 15th- 5th grade Science STAAR Test
- May 16th- All Library Books are Due
- May 23rd- Last Day of School
Last day for book check out is May 10th.
All library books are due May 16th.
End of Year
The End of Year Checklist will be coming soon.
40 Book Challenge Celebration
There will be a celebration for the students who have completed their 40 Book Challenge on May 1st.
By 3:50, students should be prepared to leave, seated, and working or reading quietly. Students should be in the hallway until they are dismissed.
Cell phones should not be out during dismissal.
A couple of students may stack chairs and pick up trash as others leave in order to help the custodians.
Actively monitoring students and verifying that they are leaving when called. Stand in your doorway to monitor students exiting the hallway.
Create a list showing how each student gets home, and check it off as the various modes of transportation and bus numbers are called each day to ensure that no one misses their call.
Students are not allowed to wander from class to class or go to the front office.
Turn on the television to view what buses are being called. Don’t forget to turn it off when you leave.
Buses are on a tight schedule, but sometimes delays are unavoidable. If you must leave at 4:20 and you still have students who have not been called to go, plan ahead to leave them with a teammate. Be prepared to return the favor when others in your hall need that chance to leave right on time.
Dress Code Reminders
- polo style or collared shirts in red, white, or blue
- pant/shorts/skirts- navy or khaki
- Sweaters- solid red, white, or blue
- Jeans cannot be torn or ripped and can be worn on Fridays with a college shirt as long as students have not received any dress code marks for the week
- NO HOODIES or jackets with stripes or prints
Student IDs must be worn at all times clipped to their left hand collar.
- Replacement IDs are $5.00
- Replacement clips are .25 cents
- Replacement ID pouches are .25 cents
Guidelines for Success
P- Positive Attitude
Like and Follow Us on Facebook
Or find us using @Aliefyoungblood
Join our Remind Group
or in the app add us @3867f2
Follow us on Twitter