Licensure Renewal Process
Guidelines for Licensure Renewal Process Updates 10/15/2015
License Expires June 30, 2015 - Renewal Requirement
Professional Educators Requirements:
- 1 renewal credit for literacy
- 1 renewal credit in the specific academic subject area
- 5.5 general credits (as determined by the NCS, not to include years of experience
- 3 credits focused on the school executive's role as instructional, human resources and managerial leader
- 4.5 general credits (as determined by NCS) not to include years of experience
National Board Certification
- 7.5 credits for completion
- 2 credits (1 for literacy and 1 for content) for 10 year renewal
License Expires June 30, 2016 or Later - Requirements
- 3 Content
- 3 Literacy
- 2 General
All other Educators - 8 CEUs
- 3 Content
- 5 General
Northampton County Schools Local Requirements
Literacy Credit Now Available in Home Base Professional Development System
Preparation for Foundation of Reading Licensure Exam provides an excellent resource for teachers wanting to refresh their knowledge on the foundations of reading development and comprehension.
For a full description of the course, please visit www.rt3nc.org. This self-paced module is worth 1.0 Literacy Credit.
One Stop NCDPI Resource for All Educators
Wikicentral provides a direct point of access for NCDPI wikis that contain resources and materials for North Carolina educators.
The wikis, which are managed by various divisions within NCDPI, include resources related to professional development, curriculum, policy, tools and more.
Please spread the word to your colleagues about this valuable site.