RHHS Wildcats: News You Can Use
#WEareRH - Friday, 8/11/17
Solar Eclipse - a FULL day and more!
School will be in session on Monday, August 21st, the day of the solar eclipse. The school day will be extended so that dismissal of students is not occurring during the peak time of the eclipse. Details about plans for that day and actual dismissal time will be announced soon.
Get on the bus!
The first load of buses arrives at RHHS at 7:05am. Buses are lined up and waiting for students at 2:40pm, and most days the buses depart from campus at a little after 2:45pm. Detailed bus route information is online: RHHS Bus Route Link
Please be ON TIME
RHHS school day is 7:40am-2:40pm. On Monday, students late to school and/or class will be marked tardy. Students are afforded three tardies without a consequence. Upon the fourth tardy, students will be assigned an after school detention (2:50pm-4:30pm). Students who do not serve the assigned detention are placed on the Obligations List until the assignment is served. Upon the fifth tardy, the student will be referred to an administrator and a parent conference will be arranged. Student drivers will lose parking privileges upon the fifth tardy. If your child is a car-rider or driver, it is imperative that traffic conditions are taken into account. Thank you for helping us to get all students here safely, and on time, each morning.
Parent Nights planned - mark your calendars
Mark your calendars! Our counselors will host grade level Parent Nights over the next several weeks. Counselors and administrators will share information about the school year and specific information for each grade level. All meetings will be held in the newly-renovated east cafeteria-
- Senior Parent Night: August 29th, 6pm
- Junior Parent Night: September 12th, 6pm
- Sophomore Parent Night: September 19th, 6pm
- Freshmen Parent Night, September 26th, 6pm
Medication at school
Medication, when possible, should be administered at home rather than at school. However, when medication must be taken at school, the following procedures must be followed:
- All medication must be carried to the school nurse by the parent/guardian.
- Students are not permitted to transport/be in possession of medication.
- All medications must be logged in with the school nurse, and a permission form will be kept on file.
- Over-the-counter medications must be in the original, unopened container.
- Prescription medications will be dispensed from the original bottle/container as well. They must be properly labeled and dated. Also, if your child takes prescription medication at school, mark your calendar so that you will know when to supply more medication to the school nurse.
- Medication is a parental responsibility; school employees will not assume any liability for supervising or assisting in the administration of medication.
Food for thought!
RHHS does not serve breakfast in the morning. However, clubs routinely sell breakfast biscuits a few mornings each week. This will start the second week of school.
Lunch is served each day, and the cost is $2.60 for students. Families are encouraged to use MySchoolBucks – our online lunch payment system – to keep lunch money on their account. Please visit this link to activate an account: MySchoolBucks website link .
The lunch menu for August is also available online: August Lunch Menu MS and HS