Faculty Meeting Technology Updates
YouTube video speed
Click on the settings gear under the video and then "speed" and it will pop open a window where you can adjust it.
My new favorite online timer
Type this URL to isntantly have a running clock for classwork. You can use minutes or seconds and it can be used as a link from Canvas or another website.
Click on the examples below and then create one of your own!
Video example below...
2 Web browsing tricks
(It will change your life.)
Note that the video below was made using a Google Chrome Extension called Screencastify. I was using Google Chrome as my browser. It will look different if you use Firefox or Internet Explorer as your web browser.
Watch the video on their home screen for a 45 second intro.
What I like about Pear Deck:
- It integrates with Google Drive so you can sign in with your LD Google account. All of your slide decks are saved in your Google Drive and can be shared.
- It has unique question types.
- Check out this video on a new feature called Classroom Climate.
What I don't like about Pear Deck:
- Their drawing and dragging question types are only available with the paid version.
- Check out pricing and what options you get. Keep stuff like this in mind for your department budgets next year.