4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of September 19-23, 2016
What Are We Learning about This Week?
- Reading: Introduction to figurative language with similes and metaphors
- Math: Multiplying by multiples of 10/100/1,000, understanding place value of large numbers
- Writing: This week in writing we are working on using the expository pillar to draft body paragraphs for our "Why Reagan is a Great Place" story. We will brainstorm reasons together and then start drafting as a class. We will continue to make sure that we are using our nouns correctly throughout the story and add spicy adjectives and action verbs throughout the story. We will also begin to take a look at adverbs.
Spelling: Spelling words this week will focus on the long i sound and spelling patterns for the /k/. Students will take a pretest on Monday, practice their sentences throughout the week, and test on Friday.
- Science: Temperature, changing states of matter, changes due to heating/cooling
- Social Studies: This week in Social Studies we are finishing up our regions unit. Students are learning about the resources in each regions, climate, and vegetation. We will finish our Geography foldable and review for our quiz we will have on Friday.
Our Current Week
- Red specials day
- Orange specials day
- 1st 9 weeks progress reports sent home (ONLY for students with a grade below a 70% in a content area)
- LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR MATH PENTATHLON - see link in Reagan Insider for registration information
- Vista Ridge Homecoming Parade - 6:30 (See flyer below for more information)
- Yellow specials day
- Green specials day
- Destination Imagination signups due
- Vista Ridge Homecoming Game vs. Lehman at Gupton Stadium (tickets available on the Vista Ridge website, at the Vista Ridge HS office on Thursday 9/22, or at the gate)
- Blue specials day
- Reading (due by 9 pm Sunday 9/25):
*Wonderopolis article of your choice and response questions (find directions in Google Classroom: Homework)
*Read for 80 minutes
- Math (due by 9 pm Sunday 9/25): Log in to Math Facts Pro and complete a session (50 questions) on two different days. Sessions completed at school do not count toward the homework requirement. If you do not have a computer/device you can use to access this program from home, please talk to Mrs. Weltzin for assistance. See the link below for directions to log in.
- Spelling (due Friday 9/23): Practice spelling sentences for 5 highlighted spelling words.
Per building policy, parents may eat lunch with their child (and only their child) in the Community Room located directly across from the library. The tables in the cafeteria are reserved for student seating only. Thanks for your understanding!
Math Unit 2
Classroom Supply Wish List
- Gallon ziploc bags
- Class set of inexpensive red pens
- Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
- Nothing at this time