eLearning Lessons in Blendspace
How To Add Your Content
- Replace template text [in brackets] with your own text.
- Fill in other text.
Files - PDF, Audio MP3, PPT, etc.
If you are doing a video recording, I highly recommend that you upload it to your YouTube account. It will be easier to embed in your lesson. It will save you some frustrations if you sign in to your account and set up your channel first.
- Sign into YouTube with your school Google account
- Click upload
- When prompted, create your "channel"
- You will now be able to upload video files, from your computer or directly from programs like Screencast-O-Matic, to your YouTube channel.
There are many tools available for video recording. If you're already comfortable with something, use it! If this is new to you, I recommend Screencast-O-Matic. It's free and relatively easy. Watch this video to learn the basics. Then follow the steps to upload your video to YouTube and find the URL to include it in your lesson.
Select Upload to YouTube
Make sure you have followed the steps to sign in and create your YouTube channel first.
Fill in Title & Description
Find Your Video on YouTube
It will be listed under "My Channel" when it finishes uploading (make take some time).
You won't be able to directly insert an audio file in Blendspace. You can link to an audio file you have stored in Google Drive, but this doesn't work particularly well either. The file will not play within Blendspace. It be downloadable to the device and can be retrieved and played from there. The steps (demonstrated in the video below) are:
- Use Online Voice Recorder to make your audio recording.
- Save it to your computer.
- Upload it to Google Drive.
- Adjust the share settings so that anyone with the link can view.
- Place the link to your recording file in your lesson.