NSCSD Superintendent Updates
NS Vision 2025 Update
- Alan Shepard: The foundations are being poured. Our staff has finalized colors for the inside of the addition.
- Softball Complex: Bricks are being installed on the dugouts, storage building, and concession building. The outfield will be completed over the next two weeks.
- Regional Innovation Center: Contracts are being finalized. Site work has begun. Utility work is taking place and driveways are being installed.
- Neil Armstrong: The final site location has been established and the first cost estimates are complete. We are beginning the final design stage.
- Junior High: The final design has been established and the first cost estimates are complete.
- Welding: Bruce Builders is still cost-estimating the project.
- Lancer Stadium: Our cost estimate is over budget, so the design committee is meeting to discuss changes to bring project costs down.
Registration for 23-24 School Year
Registration is open for the 2023-2024 school year!
If you have an Infinite Campus account, please follow the steps below to complete the registration process:
- Follow this link to log in to Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Select "More" at the bottom of the dark menu on the left
- Select "Online Registration" at the bottom of the menu
- Click the "Start" button next to "23-24 Existing Student Registration"
If you do not have an Infinite Campus Parent Portal account, please follow this link to create an account and register your student(s).
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Dan Marceau by email or at 563-285-3208.
School Supply Lists (23-24)
Below are links to school supply lists for the 23-24 school year. Contact your building secretary with questions.
Pre-Kindergarten Update - Location Change
North Scott has a pre-kindergarten program designed for students who are age-eligible (5) and need more time for academic or social-emotional growth to be prepared for kindergarten. Again, students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 15 to be eligible.
We plan to have two sections of pre-kindergarten - one at John Glenn Elementary in Donahue and one at Neil Armstrong Elementary in Park View. We no longer have a section at Virgil Grissom Elementary.
If you are considering enrolling your child in pre-kindergarten next year but aren’t yet certain if s/he will attend kindergarten or pre-kindergarten, please contact Kyle Harris by email or at 563-285-3503.
Athlete Registration in Bound (Grades 7-12)
If your student(s) plan to play sports in grades 7-12 next school year and you do NOT have a Bound account, you need to create one. Instructions are linked below.
- Questions for Grades 7-8? Contact Chantel Woods at 563-285-3195 or email@example.com
- Questions for Grades 9-12? Contact Angi Horsfield at 563-285-3207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Lunch Program
Summer Lunch Program - from Faith Lutheran Church
Once again, Faith Lutheran Church in Eldridge and community volunteers will provide a free lunch to children in the NS community on Tuesdays & Thursdays from June 6 - August 10. Additional information may be found on this flyer.
Distribution Locations & Times
- Faith Lutheran Church, 500 W. LeClaire Rd., Eldridge (11:30 am-12:30 pm)
- Eldridge United Methodist Church, 604 S. 2nd St., Eldridge (11:30 am-12:30 pm)
- John Glenn Elementary School, 308 N. Main St., or Donahue Fire Station (11:45 am-Noon)
- Hope Lutheran Church/American Legion 604 Davenport St., Dixon (12:15 pm)
- Park View - Deer Creek/Park View Lutheran Church parking lot (11:30 am-12:30 pm)
- Park View at the corner of Manor Drive and Lincoln (11:40 am)
- Park View - Neil Armstrong Elementary (11:50 am)
- Park View - Double Diamonds parking lot (Noon)
Summer Camps & NS Youth Activities
- NS K-6 volleyball clinics
- basketball camp at Augustana
- mountain bike club & events
- Eldridge Summer Festival Kiddie Parade & Moonlight Chase
- Strawberry Stampede in Long Grove
School Board Meetings - Summer
You are invited to attend summer school board meetings:
- Monday, June 19 at 6:30 p.m. - Administration Building, 251 E Iowa Street, Eldridge. Livestream link
- Monday, July 17 at 6:30 p.m. - Administration Building, 251 E Iowa Street, Eldridge. Livestream link
- Monday, August 21 at 6:30 p.m. - Administration Building, 251 E Iowa Street, Eldridge. Livestream link
2023-2024 School Calendar
The 2023-2024 school calendar has been approved and posted on the district website.
- First Day of School: Wednesday, Aug. 23
- Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 21 - Tuesday, Jan. 2
- Spring Break: Monday, March 11 - Friday, March 15
- Last Day of School: Friday, May 31