Farmington View eNews
April 4, 2016
Tuesday, April 5
2:15-3:15 Junior Scientist Club
2:15-3:45 Academic Club
4:00 & 4:30 Kindergarten Open House for 2016-2017 Parents
Wednesday, April 6
8:00-9:00 OMSI Traveling Program (Ms. Robin)
9:30-10:30 OMSI Traveling Program (Mrs. Cruickshank)
12:00-1:00 OMSI Traveling Program (Ms. Zekmeister)
1:35 Early Release
2:15-3:30 Junior Naturalist at Jackson Bottom
Thursday, April 7
1:20-2:00 PBIS Assembly
2:05-3:45 Running Club (4-6)
2:05-3:45 Academic Club
Friday, April 8
No School - Teacher Work Day
Farmington View Information
- Attendance: A reminder that good school attendance is 95% or better. That's missing less than 8 days for the school year. Here is our current attendance data.
>95% = 202 or 66.2%
90%-95% = 82 or 26.9%
<90% = 21 or 6.9% (Same as last week)
- We are currently under our goal of have less than 7.5% of our students being chronically absent during the school year. Thank you to all of our students/families who are only staying home when ill.
- State Testing: We finished our 5th grade Science assessment last week. 78% of our students passed on their first try. Science is the only state assessment that you have a second opportunity. Students who didn't pass will retake in late May. Our students in grades 3-6 will begin their English Language Arts assessment next week.
- Kindergarten Open House: Farmington View will host two kindergarten open house sessions for prospective parents (2016-17). The first will begin at 4:00 and the second at 4:30.
- Playground: We sent several of our playground duty staff to a Playworks training. Mrs. Webb is currently teaching students several new games. Our goal is to increase the number of fun activities so there is something for every student to do at recess.
Bobcat Booster & Farmington View Parents for Academic Excellence (FVPAE) Information
SCRIP: The next SCRIP order is Monday April 11. You can turn in your order anytime between now and then. Remember all money earned this year is being donated to the math program. It is not too late to sign up for auto SCRIP if you are interested. That means you fill out one form and get the same order every month. Please let us know if you are interested.
- Memory Books: It is not too late to order your memory book. Order forms are available in the office and through the order form in eNews. Get it done early so you don’t forget about it. If you are interested in purchasing a memory book this year you are able to order online and pay with a credit card this year. Go to ybpay.lifetouch.com to order your memory book today. Thank you to all of you that voted for the Memory book cover. The winning cover is
“Inside our World”
- New Principal Selection: The Hillsboro School District has opened my current position. It will be posted from April 4 -13. A representative from HR will set up meetings with both staff and parents to find out what qualities you are looking for in your next principal. My understanding is that a parent will be asked to be on the interview committee.