School Closure Update
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Meals for Children
MORE LOCATIONS WILL BE ADDED SOON!
We anticipate opening meal sites in Smithsburg, Boonsboro in Clear Spring beginning next week. Stay connected for more information as we finalize these details.
Federal guidelines allow meals to be served at sites where the community has 50% of children or more receiving Free and Reduced Meals. Unfortunately, this requirement was limiting the locations where WCPS offered meals. We are working to provide food to as many children as possible during the closure.
- Meals are being served, rain or shine, in a grab-n-go style. In support of social distancing recommendations, children and families should not congregate at the meal sites.
- Children receiving meals must be brought to the meal site in accordance with this program's federal guidelines.
- Food Service staff is trained on proper food handling with additional cleaning and sanitizing precautions in place.
See the image below for current locations and times.
Keep Learning @ WCPS!
WCPS is pleased to provide students and families access to a wide variety of digital and downloadable resources to continue learning. Students have access to their textbooks, subscription content, standardized apps, interactive e-books, and other projects at Keep Learning @ WCPS.
These learning resources serve as an extension to the classroom and enhance the learning experiences of the student. Activities will not be collected or graded.
For our families without internet access and for our youngest learners who have not been assigned technology, books and other supplemental resources were provided at school on Friday, March 13 to support reading.
We encourage you to take this opportunity to explore our extensive digital library and to read!
Students are not required to complete or submit assignments for grading during the two-week closure.
Find phone numbers for schools here.
If you have any questions about WCPS' response to the Coronavirus, please send an email to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to take the necessary steps to protect yourself and others from illness.*
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (social distancing).
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or by using the inside of your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.