By Isabelle McLean
- Coldest: -284
- Warmest: 86
- Average Temp: -87
What is it made up of?
- 96% carbon dioxide
- 2.7% nitrogen
- 1.6% Argon
- 0.13% Oxygen
- 2 moons
Distance from sun
- 206 million km
Time compared to Earth
- One day on Mars is 24 hours and 40 min
- One year on Mars is 689.98 Earth years
- 4th planet from the sun
- Mars has the highest mountain in the solar system (Olympus Mons)
- Mars is named after the Roman god of war
- Often described as the "Red Planet"
- Mars is second smallest planet in our solar system
"Mars' Atmosphere: Composition, Climate & Weather." Space.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"How Far Away Is Mars? | Distance to Mars." Space.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.