Lakeland Counseling News
April 11-15, 2016
Explore the Huron at HRWC's River Roundup, Saturday April 16.
Join us for our biggest volunteer event of the season. Get to know a special place in the Huron's tributaries, while helping us learn about the river's health. At this all-age friendly event, trained volunteers guide your field work while you search through river samples for pollution-sensitive 'bugs' that live in our waterways.
Where: Meet in Ann Arbor. Carpool to streams in Livingston, Oakland, Wayne and/or Washtenaw Counties.
When: Two times: April 16 from 9am to 1pm or10:30am to 2:30pm.
Please Register by April 13.
To register and for more information: www.hrwc.org/volunteer/roundup.
*A few people, working further from our Ann Arbor staging spot, will meet at the stream-side study sites. Let us know if you are interested in volunteering near Flat Rock, Stockbridge, or in northern Oakland County.
Questions? Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Testing Week!
We have lots and lots of testing at Lakeland next week. Please read below to see what your student may be doing on each day.
- Juniors will report to cafeteria, check out calculators if necessary, and await instructions to move to classrooms for SAT testing.
- Sophomores will report to Auxiliary Gym and await instructions to move to classrooms for PSAT10 testing. Calculators will NOT be available for check out.
- Freshmen will report to the Fieldhouse for PSAT9 testing. Calculators will NOT be available for checkout.
- Seniors do not report to school on this day but are expected to be attendance all other days during this testing week.
- Freshmen and Sophomores will conclude PSAT9 and PSAT10 testing. Buses will take these students home at about 11:30. Students that are waiting for a junior should wait quietly in the atrium until Junior testing concludes.
- Juniors will conclude the SAT testing. Those students who signed up to be transported by bus on that day will be bused home.
- ALL juniors should report to the Fieldhouse by 7:16am for the ACT WorkKeys test. They may check out calculators upon arrival.
- Juniors will conclude ACT WorkKeys testing.
- OSTC students may go to OSTC.
- All Juniors are expected to report to their 4th hour class or “A” lunch, whichever applies to them.
Some students with accommodations will complete April 12th testing and may not be in class. They will be pre-excused through the attendance office.
*All classes missed for testing will be pre-excused through the attendance office.
By 7:16 a.m.
- All ACE students and Juniors with last names A-L, except OSTC students, will report to the Fieldhouse for the M-STEP Science and Social Studies. They will return to 3rd hour upon completion of testing.
- All OSTC students and Juniors with last names M-Z, except ACE students, will report to their regularly scheduled classes.
- All OSTC students and Juniors with last names M-Z, except ACE students, will EAT “A” LUNCH and then report to the Fieldhouse for the M-STEP Science and Social Studies. They will return to 6th hour upon completion of testing.
- All ACE students and Juniors with last names A-L, except OSTC students, will report to their regularly scheduled classes.
Some students with accommodations will complete April 14 testing and may not be in class. They will be pre-excused through the attendance office.
Donovan Xavier Baker Scholarship
Award of $2500 to the winning essay!
For more information and to apply go to:
Discover Student Loans Give-away
Discover® Student Loans is giving away $100,000 in scholarships. Students can get tips and resources on paying for college and enter for a chance to win a $2,500 scholarship award. No purchase or student loan necessary. Enter now at CollegeCovered.com/Assist.
Winners will be randomly drawn on:
• June 8, 2016
• September 6, 2016
• December 6, 2016
• March 7, 2017
For the official scholarship rules, visit Scholarship.collegecovered.com/do/rules.